Archive: Call for entries
The film must comply with the following conditions:
1. The film must be shot after January 1, 2017.
2. More than 50% of the film must be an animation. There are no limitations in the animation techniques used in the film.
3. One film can only participate in one category.
4. Copyright of competitive films are regulated by international law. The participant (director, producer or other authorized person) who provides an animated film, declares that he is the copyright owner of the film and is authorized to screen the film at the festival.
The competition program includes the following categories:
1. The best short animated film (up to 20 minutes).
2. The best Azerbaijani short animated film (up to 20 minutes).
3. The best animated social video (up to 15 minutes).
4. The best animated advertising (up to 5 minutes).
5. Audience Award.
6. The best original screenplay for a short animated film.
About the festival:
ANIMAFILM is the first international festival of animation art to be held in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, from 19 to 21 October 2018. The festival will show dozens of foreign and national animated films for children and adults for three days. The goal of the organizers is to create an annual event that will delight the local and foreign audience and professionals, as well as promoting the development of animation art in Azerbaijan.
The theme of the first ANIMAFILM festival is "Azerbaijani Animation". In addition to the national competition, which will select the best Azerbaijani short animation film, the audience is offered a number of events dedicated to the history of Azerbaijani animation. The book "Azerbaijani Animation", joint work of local and foreign authors will be presented for the first time. Within the framework of the festival theme there will be an exhibition "ReAnimation", a retrospective of the best Azerbaijani animated films, with the participation of the authors themselves, as well as master classes of professionals.