The European Animation Emile Awards honor all professional animation achievements in the art of animation, and it is the first of its kind also to honour awards for storyboard, character design, writing and soundtrack at a European level.
Having also taken over the award for Best Short European film from Cartoon D'Or, EAA will award the achievements in the following 16 categories:
– Best Student Film
– Best Commissioned Film
– Best Animated Short Film
– Best Background and Character Design in a Short Film Production
– Best TV/Broadcast Production (Best Director)
– Best Background and Character Design in a TV/Broadcast Production
– Best Character Animation in a TV/Broadcast Production
– Best Writing in a TV/Broadcast Production
– Best Storyboard in a TV/Broadcast Production
– Best Soundtrack in a TV/Broadcast Production
– Best Feature Film (Best Director)
– Best Background and Character Design in a Feature Film
– Best Character Animation in a Feature Film
– Best Writing in a Feature Film
– Best Storyboard in a Feature Film
– Best Soundtrack in a Feature Film
However, animation professionals will only enter their details via five online submission forms (Animated Short Film, Commissioned film, Student film, TV/Broadcast production, Feature Film).
- All films need to have premiered (festival, online, broadcast) between 1 January 2016 and 31 July 2017.
- Countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus,Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus,Czech Republic,Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldavia, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United-Kingdom.
- Animation Shorts & Graduation Films: Films are eligible only if they have been EITHER selected for the most recent editions of the following festivals: Annecy(France), Animafest– Zagreb (Croatia), Internationales Trickfilm Festival Stuttgart (Germany), Anima–Brussels (Belgium) andCinanima– Espinho (Portugal) OR awarded during the most recent edition of the following festivals: 3D Wire - Segovia (Spain), Encounters Festival -Bristol (United Kingdom), Fredrikstad Animation Festival (Norway), Holland Animation Film Festival -Utrecht (Netherlands), Anifilm- Trebon (Czech Republic), Animateka– Ljubljana (Slovenia), anim'est – Bucarest (Romania), Balkanima – Belgrade (Serbia), Banjaluka International Animated Film Festival – Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Fest Anca – Žilina (Slovakia) and Kecskemet - Kecskemet(Hungary)
- Commissioned films: the film must have been originally exhibited or released at any animation festival, on television or other qualified broadcast venue (internet, mobile device or similar broadcast) (submission fee: 50 euros)
- TV productions: Only TV/Broadcast productions produced in Europe (submission fee: 50 euros)
- Feature animation: Only feature films produced in Europe and originally released theatrically or online within 1/1/2016 and 31/7/2017
Deadline for all entries: 23.59 (UTC) on September 15, 2017. 26 September 2017. View the complete regulations.
For each category, a jury of animation professionals will choose 3 nominees from the pool of eligible entries, in each category. Results of pre-selection will be announced by the end of October.
In November, all members of EAA association (join here) will be invited to vote online for their favorite nominee in each of the Emile Awards 16 categories.