Walt Disney Animation seeks a modeler for its Burbank, CA studio.
To build complex 3D models including organic characters and articulated set and prop models.
Will work with a team of artists, including Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs, and build and refine models for production.
- Character modelers work with polygonal and subdivision topologies to create surface models ranging from highly stylized cartoon characters to photo-realistic fantasy creatures.
- Set and Prop Modelers are responsible for constructing digital implements, vehicles, buildings and environments. The level of mechanical articulation involved often leads set and prop modelers to rig the models they construct.
- Take direction from the Leads and Supervisors and feedback from the Directors.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience desired
- 3+ years of Animation, VFX or Video Game industry experience modeling in polygons/Sub D's using Maya
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Model Lead, CG Supervisor and feedback from the Art Director and Directors(s) as necessary
- Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Experience with ZBrush or Mudbox a plus
- Experience with character rigging preferred
- Experience with texture/shading preferred
- Scripting (MEL, Python, Perl) background a plus
- Previous experience with traditional 3D sculpting a plus
Apply at careers.disneyanimation.com
- Strong knowledge of related field such as anatomy or architecture a plus