AnimaSyros' "Agora" (Syros, Greece), a part of AnimaSyros International Animaiton Fest welcomes animated projects under development. It includes pitches, public and corporate presentations of international productions in progress, masterclasses, a video library and various networking events.
Agora in collaboration with Studio Folimage organizes a 4-day Pitch Coaching Workshop, offering the opportunity to the participants of the selected projects to prepare their works effectively and present them at the Pitching Forum to the public and also to an international committee of professionals from the field of animation.
The main speaker of this year's Agora is the distinguished artist Joanna Quinn (UK), who along with Nancy Denney Phelps (BE), Corinne Destombes (FR), Maria Lorenzo (ES) and Marineta Mak Kritikou (GR), will form the committee of the Pitching Forum.
The winner of the Pitching Forum Agora Animasyros will be the official guest of the Artist- in-Residence program, organized by Studio Folimage. Starting in early 2022, the winner will move to Studio Folimage, Valence, France for 1 month to create his film with the studio
facilities. The pitch coaching workshop will be led by French Corinne Destombes, Head of Development of Folimage and director Helen Friren.
In addition, on the occasion of the MEDAnima tribute, the Agora this year will accept applications for participation in the Pitching Forum of creators / producers from countries in the wider Mediterranean region.
At the same time, people from the International Animation community will present topics related to the following sections:
• The content and relationship of animation with new distribution platforms, creators and production companies
• Hybridation: Between the documentary and the animated documentary
• Sound, music and dubbing in animation movies
• Institutions and funding
• Interconnection of animation production companies and universities
Workshop: 22-24 September (Syros)
Pitching Forum: 25 September
Winners Announcement: 26 September
2020 Event Coverage
AnimaSyros Agora joins forces with MIFA – Animation du Monde at Annecy
20 – 21.09.2020 | Athens & 26 – 27.09.2020 | Syros
The Agora, as one of the most important and organic piece of the festival, every year expands and evolves into a major attraction for professionals of all scales from the domestic and international animation scene. In its 6th edition and for the first time, Agora is partnering with MIFA – Animation du Monde, the world’s largest commercial event, held at the Animation Festival of Annecy. Specifically, Animasyros Agora organizes in collaboration with MIFA – Animation du Monde, a 4 day pitch coaching workshop, which will take place both in Athens (Athens Animation Agora) and in Syros, during the Festival. The Animation du Monde workshop will be led by Géraldine Baché (Head of Projects, MIFA) and the producer Corinne Destombes of the French animation studio Folimage.
The distinguished project will travel to the Annecy 2021 Festival for a training workshop and will be presented at the MIFA pitches, in front of an audience of more than 200 professionals.
Pelo na Venta/ In Her Face (PT) – Animation Short Script, Treatment Writer: Margarida Madeira⠀
- Oscar (GR)- Animation Short Treatment Writers: Polyxeny Katsari, Matina Fykari⠀
- Vast Blue Antarctica (GR)/Animated Documentary Treatment- Director, Writer: Christos Panagos Producer: Charalambos Margaritis⠀
- Playground (GR)/ Short Animation series Treatment Writers: Kleopatra Korai, Elena Pavlaki Producer: Lokey⠀
- Travel Bugs (GR)/ Short Animation Series Director: Fokion Xenos Producer: Neda Films⠀
- Mesut (CY)/ Animation Short Director: Alexia Roider Producer: Michalis Kalopaidis⠀