Any audiovisual animation, created frame by frame whatever the technique, made for the cinema, television and any other screening platform may be entered.
Only works completed after 1st January 2021 and never previously entered at the Annecy Festival will be accepted.
To compete, the films should be submitted before 15th February 2022 to one of the following categories:
a) Short films
b) Feature films (made for the cinema with a running time of over 60 mins)
c) TV films and webseries
- TV series and webseries (don’t submit more than one episode per series; presenting an episode of a series already selected in a previous year, as well as submitting pilots, will not be accepted)
- TV specials
d) Commissioned films
- Educational, scientific or industrial films
- Advertising or promotional films
- Music videos
e) Graduation films
Registration deadline is 15th February 2022 for the following categories:
Registration deadline is 15th March 2022 for Feature Films and 6th April 2022 for VR Works.
2020 Festival Coverage
- Feature Films: Julie Gayet, Yoshiaki Nishimura, Nora Twomey
- Short Films: Camélia Jordana, Izabela Plucińska, Koji Yamamura
- Graduation Films & Off-Limits: Antonio Canobbio, Dean DeBlois, Virginia Mori
- TV & Commissioned Films: Jinko Gotoh, Vrej Kassouny, Judith Nora
- Contrechamp/Perspectives: Anja Kofmel, Sébastien Onomo, Gerben Schermer
2018 Festival News (Archive)