4 Weeks Stop Motion Animation Masterclass with Tim Allen, 15/7-9/8/19
His credits include (credits include Wes Anderson’s Oscar-nominated Isle of Dogs & Tim Burton's Oscar-nominated Frankenweenie. His recent contributions include animating My Life As A Zucchini (Claude Barras dir.).
Tim Allen now organizes a 4-week stop-motion animation course focused on body language, anatomy & performance with stop motion puppets.
Each week is broken down into 4 sections, starting simply & gradually building up complexity: Anatomy & Body Language, Walking & Running, Character Staging & Performance & lastly, Advanced Performance. The weeks can also be booked separately.
- Frame by frame analysis of professional stop motion examples
- Detailed breakdown of performance for story telling
- Technologies and equipment orientation
- Hands-on animation workshops
- The use of puppets and body movements & emotions
- Facial features
- Submissive and dominant behaviour
- Walking and running
- Character staging and performance
- Body language breakdown focused on psychology & motivation of character & story
- Understanding the use of weight & anatomy
- Staging scenes with 1 character & multiple characters
The highly sought-after new Stickybones puppets, renowned for their incredible articulation, will be used in the course
Duration: 20 days
When: 15 July - 9 August
Location: Pinewood Studios London for Creative Media Skills
Cost: (for all 4 weeks): £2275 +VAT. Course can be also booked as a separate weekly package
- More info and apply: Go to Creative Media Skills website
- Be sure to check the Tim Allen Website
- From 15/07/2019 to 09/08/2019