ANIDOX:LAB is The Animation Workshop / VIA University College’s animation documentary professional training programme in partnership with the Danish Film Institute, the Swedish Film institute, Viken Filmsenter and CPH:DOX; with support from Creative Europe MEDIA.
It is a laboratory, during which we bring together documentarians and animation directors, artists and creative producers to maximize and cultivate new skills, develop their respective projects, and expand their international networks.
ANIDOX:LAB is designed to help projects progress from fine-tuning an initial idea, through visual and narrative development, to a pitch package and a teaser/trailer. We work with documentary creatives, directors, producers and professionals with an animated documentary project in development. Teams are encouraged to apply as well as artists working in cross media, hybrid forms and new technologies.
The Oscar-nominated 'Flee' project by Jonas Poher Rasmussen was first developed at Anidox:Lab 2013.
- MIchelle Kranot, Anidox programme leader talks to Zippy Frames on module structure, selection criteria and scholarships
2023 Call for Entries
An application includes a short (Ca. 500 Characters) description of your animated documentary project and a short motivation text (Ca. 250 characters).
In addition, you are required to attach a single PDF document that includes:
1. A brief concept outline and synopsis.
2. Statement of intent.
3. A short bio and CV (also of key team members or production company).
4. Online links to previous works, and if relevant, links to work-in-progress.
5. Relevant visual material.
When applying to the course you should be prepared to commit to all the course modules.
Teams/duos are encouraged to apply – note that individual application forms are required for each participant.
Fee: 700 Euro (not including travel and accommodation, but including some meals and materials)
- Speakers and tutors
- More info and schedule
- Deadline: 3 March 2023
2021 Selected Projects
- The Human Galaxy // Nana Torp
- Liberation or death // Thabi Mooi & Tom Fassart
- We don’t need an asteroid // Robin Jensen
- Making art in my dreams // Leena Jääskeläinen
- Osja // Irina Rubina
2020 Selected Projects
- MICROCASSETTE – The Smallest Cassette I’ve Ever Seen // Igor Bezinović and Ivana Pipal
- VIA DOLOROSA // Rachel Gutgarts
- SHADOWS // Rand Beiruty
- THE HOST // Anders Palm Olese
2019 Selected Projects
- DELTA ZOO
- THE SHADOWS OF THE DESERT
- SARAJEVO STORIES
2018 Selected Projects
- DANISH WEST INDIES
- THOSE WHO LISTEN TO THE WORLDS
- SICK OF YOU
- MAKING BABIES
- THE A-TEAM
- A MONKEY ON MY HEAD
- JUST A GUY
- TWO STRINGS TO MY BOW
2017 Selected Projects:
- CABRALAS KELLYS
- RICKSHAW CHRONICLES
- THE CROSSING
2016 Selected Projects
- BETWEEN HAMMOCK & SEWING MACHINE
- TAKING PLACEBLACK RAIN
- THE L – TEAM
- From 02/05/2023 to 18/08/2023