Malatesta Short Film Festival
- Best Narrative film: award € 350, maximum runtime 30’ (fiction and narrative animations)
- Best Documentary film: award € 350, maximum runtime 30’
(documentaries and cinema of the real, archive films, docu-fiction, cinema and territory, author documentaries)
- Best Experimental and Art film: award € 350, maximum runtime 30’
(experimental films, found footage, experimental archive films, art films, performing arts) This section is dedicated to experimental short works of any genre, including non-narrative animations, independent works, and works linked to contemporary art galleries.
- Brazil Focus: award € 300, maximum runtime 30’ (any genre: fiction, documentary, animation, experimental, etc.)
Are considered works by Brazilian authors, or by authors from all over the world that address issues related to Brazil.
- Best Short Music, Dance and Performing Arts: award € 150, maximum runtime 5’
(videodance, videopoem, videoclip, music films, etc.)
- Cinema Libre Award, by Albedo: € 100
- Submit via FilmFreeway
- Deadline: 16 April (regular), 7 May 2023 (late)
2020 Festival Coverage
- From 29/08/2024 to 04/09/2024