Besides the film programme, FAFF 2022 will host interviews with the filmmakers. There will be awards for the best film of the festival.
All mediums and techniques of animation are welcome, on any topic as long as it is non-fictional in nature
2022 Call for Entries
To be eligible for consideration, films must include animation on screen for at least 50% of their runtime. All films must be non-fictional in nature - ie. concern a factual subject.
1. Animated films under 1 minute.
2. Animated films 1-20 minutes.
Examples of factual animation include:
An animated film about a factual subject
- About dreams or hallucinations
- Telling a family story
- Representations of physical and mental health conditions
- Visualises folklore, prejudice, and other 'invisible' subjects
- A factual story told through a fictional character
- A public service announcement
- News and reportage
- About historical events
- An educational film
- A biopic
- About social issues
- An explainer video
- Visualises statistics or abstract concepts
- An NGO, social or political campaign film