SSTOP MOTION MX (SMMX) is an international project that promotes and disseminates stop motion animation since 2013 in Mexico City. Year-round, SMMX encourages this unique combination of technology and craftwork with multidisciplinary workshops, conferences and events, involving participants from all around the world. The Festival gathers professionals and independent creators alike as well as enthusiasts and fans of all ages for a truly unique cinematic experience. SMMX is dedicated to providing access to the exhibition of national and international productions as well as creating film appreciation visual experiences on stop motion with a fresh new audience.
2020 Call for Entries
The 7th edition of the Short Films International Contest, in which the best productions are awarded, is open for submissions at the following categories:
* Advertising spot - Any product or service
* Music video - animation inspired by or produced specifically for a song
* Experimental - free expression of a concept or idea without narrative rules
* Professional - larger budgeted and professionally organized commercial or independent productions
* Animation for children - animation films targeted to children audiences
* Student - animation films produced with the aid, support or supervision of an education institution
*National- Only Mexican´s productions.
7. Any film fashioned in it's majority with stop motion animation techniques and with a maximum lenght of 30 minutes can participate.