The 14th Go Short will take place from April 6 to April 10, 2022.
Go Short is the main short film festival in the Netherlands. During the five festival days Europe’s best recent short films will be screened and the Go Short Awards will be presented. Aside from the competitions Go Short offers an extensive program of events, talks, workshops, parties and meeting points for the film makers, the public and other stakeholders.
The Go Short foundation aims to contribute to deepening and expanding the short film culture, nationally and internationally, by means of organizing an annual international film festival for short films. Go Short is founded on the principles of the Cultural Governance Code and consists of a board and two directors. The foundation has been registered as a charitable institution (ANBI in Dutch).
2022 Call for Entries
- European Competition: For the European Competition we accept short fiction, documentary, animation and art films that have been made in (geographical) Europe. The films are eligible for the Go Short Award for Best European Short in three different categories and all winners will receive an Academy Award Qualifier.
- Dutch Competition: The Dutch Competition is a selection of films made in the Netherlands, from which the best film will be awarded with the Go Short Award for Best Dutch Short as well as an Academy Award Qualifier if it is an Animation, Fiction or Documentary film.
- Student Competition: The Student Competition will consist of short films in all genres made in European film schools. The best film will be awarded with an Encouragement Award.
- Audience Awards: All films in the European, Student and Dutch competition will compete for the Go Short Audience Award.
Films are eligible for Go Short competitions if:
- The film is no longer than 30 minutes.
- The film is produced in (geographical) Europe, the director or producer is European or the film was mainly financed by a European country.
- The film has clear-spoken English dialogue and/or commentary, or has no dialogue. In case of non-English dialogue (or unclear spoken English), English subtitles are mandatory. If the film has Dutch dialogues, the subtitles are only required after a selection.
- The film is finished after 1 December 2020.
The festival charges a fee of 10,00 euro per film submission.
Deadlines for Go Short competitions:
- 24 September 2021 for films completed between 1 December 2020 and 1 June 2021
- 26 November 2021 for all films completed on or after 1 June 2021
- 24 December 2021 for films that have been completed in November or December 2021
2019 Festival News (ARCHIVE)
2018 Festival News: