For Animation Filmmakers:
For Animation and Film Festivals & Events
From 1300 films, 139 were selected by the programming team to be screened during the 7 days of the festival. The films are divided into 7 categories, where 5 of them will be in competition: International Competition, Student Competition, Balkan Competition, Animated Music VIdeo Competition, and the Human Rights Category. Whereas the other 2 categories will be out of competition: Panorama Out Of Competition, and Kids & Teen Program.
Among the films selection Anibar will screen the World Premiere of All Those Sensations in my Belly by Marko Dješka in the Balkan Category and the Human Rights Category.
The spicy program of films that will be screened during August have been selected, nominated, or screened in a number of other festivals like: Annecy International Animation Film Festival, The Academy Awards, Cannes Film Festival, Berlin International Film Festival, Sarajevo Film Festival, Animafest Zagreb, Kaboom, Fantoche, Anifilm, Stuttgart Trickfilm International Animated Film Festival, Ottawa International Animation Festival, and many more.
The artistic program of Anibar will be screened through digital platforms for national and International guests. The possibility of organizing outdoor cinemas will remain an option only and if the pandemic situation gets better during August.
One way or another, the film program will share great and unique animated works from around the world and will be available to watch from the 17th of August until the 23rd of August.
Jury: Clémence Bragard, Yves Nougarede, Joanna Priestley
Call for entries (Archive)
Eligibility: Any animated film or music video, including computer-generated animation and combinations of live-action, that are completed after January 01, 2019, can participate. Films completed prior to January 01, 2019 are not eligible for participation. This rule does not count for Feature Film Competition, in this category we accept films that have been completed in 2018, 2019, and 2020. In order to be considered for competition at the Festival, the film must be less than 30 minutes long (including credits). For Feature Film Competition, the film should not exceed 120 minutes (including credits).
Categories and competitions:
- International Competition (short animated films under 30 minutes, from every country of the world),
- Student Competition (short animated films under 30 minutes that were completed as part of university studies, graduation films included, from every country of the world),
– Balkan Competition (short animated films under 30 minutes, produced in Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro, Macedonia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Slovenia, Turkey, and Romania),
– Feature Film Competition (feature animated films not longer than 120 minutes’ maximum, from every country of the world),
– Music Video Competition (animated music videos under 10 minutes, from every country of the world),
– Kids and Teen Programs (short films under 30 minutes that are produced for the children audience, from every country of the world)
The awards that will be rewarded consist of Anibar Crown and monetary prizes:
– Crown for Best International 1000€
– Crown for Best Balkan 500€
– Crown for Best Student 500€
– Crown for Best Feature Film 500€
– Crown for Best Music video 500€
– Crown for the Audience Award
2019 Festival Trailer
Hopes and Fears!
In a society which is consistently becoming indifferent towards political, social and environmental changes, in the tenth edition of Anibar, we will treat our hopes and fears to inspire action and promote civic activism through arts. Trailer, artwork, and animation by Alice Saey, music and sound by Ruben van Asselt.
2018 Festival Coverage:
International Competition: Winner: Carlotta's Face / Special Mention: Intimity
Winner: Flower Found! / Special Mention: Augenblicke - a blink of an eye / Special Mention: Enough
Winner: Untravel / Special Mention: The Monk
Animated Music Video Competition
Winner: Happy / Special Mention: F I N K E L : w / o / Special Mention: Engine of Progress
Feature Film Competition: Winner: Chris the Swiss
2017 Festival Coverage
-Best International – We can’t live without cosmos, Russian Federation 15’
-Best Balkan - 100% mood, Bulgaria 4’
-Audience Award - We can’t live without cosmos, Russian Federation 15’
-Student Award – With joy and merriness, Belgium 6’
-Environmental Award – Planet ∑, France 11’
-Music Video Award – Sandro Joyeux, Romania 3’
-Best Strip - Arvan Berisha- Stripi për ambientin
2014 Festival Coverage
2013 Festival Coverage