Kosovo, like the rest of the world, is facing the pandemic caused by the COVID - 19 virus, also known as Coronavirus. Given the appropriate protective measures in order to prevent the spread of the pandemic and after Kosovo's state of emergency was announced, Anibar has decided to continue teleworking starting from yesterday (Monday).
A few days ago, as a preventive measure, we decided to postpone all the planned activities to be held at the "Jusuf Gervalla" Cinema in Peja, the Animation Academy in Peja and Prishtina and the newly opened Francophone Center in Peja.
However, Anibar will continue to be engaged in developing cultural activities and due to the restrictions to organize public activities, we will be working to ensure that we still screen animated films produced by Anibar either online or via the TV channels.
Throughout this time we will also make sure to continue the organizing of the 11th edition of the Anibar International Animation Festival which is planned from 13th till 19th of July.
For each event you will be notified through our social media as well as through our website: www.anibar.org
Call for entries
Eligibility: Any animated film or music video, including computer-generated animation and combinations of live-action, that are completed after January 01, 2019, can participate. Films completed prior to January 01, 2019 are not eligible for participation. This rule does not count for Feature Film Competition, in this category we accept films that have been completed in 2018, 2019, and 2020. In order to be considered for competition at the Festival, the film must be less than 30 minutes long (including credits). For Feature Film Competition, the film should not exceed 120 minutes (including credits).
Categories and competitions:
- International Competition (short animated films under 30 minutes, from every country of the world),
- Student Competition (short animated films under 30 minutes that were completed as part of university studies, graduation films included, from every country of the world),
– Balkan Competition (short animated films under 30 minutes, produced in Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro, Macedonia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Slovenia, Turkey, and Romania),
– Feature Film Competition (feature animated films not longer than 120 minutes’ maximum, from every country of the world),
– Music Video Competition (animated music videos under 10 minutes, from every country of the world),
– Kids and Teen Programs (short films under 30 minutes that are produced for the children audience, from every country of the world)
The awards that will be rewarded consist of Anibar Crown and monetary prizes:
– Crown for Best International 1000€
– Crown for Best Balkan 500€
– Crown for Best Student 500€
– Crown for Best Feature Film 500€
– Crown for Best Music video 500€
– Crown for the Audience Award
2019 Festival Trailer
Hopes and Fears!
In a society which is consistently becoming indifferent towards political, social and environmental changes, in the tenth edition of Anibar, we will treat our hopes and fears to inspire action and promote civic activism through arts.
Trailer, artwork, and animation by Alice Saey, music and sound by Ruben van Asselt.
2018 Festival Coverage: