The Animarkt Pitching will be preceded by a two-day training session devoted to refining the presentation of the project and the art of public performance. Nancy Denney-Phelps – a journalist cooperating with the prestigious AWN.com media group and a well-known figure in the animation circles – will advise the participants on what to focus on during the pitching, while composer and musician Nik Phelps will talk about such aspects as the presenter’s body language and their handling of the microphone. Additionally, each participant will have an opportunity to speak to Marcin Zalewski about the project of their puppet.
Among other artists offering coaching during Animarkt 2019 is also Nidia Santiago with production consultation. Her first short animated film “Oh Willy…” by Emma De Swaef and Marc Roels has been selected in more than 300 festivals, and had received more than 50 prices all over the world, including a nomination to the César 2013. In June 2011 Nidia Santiago founded Ikki Films, where she produces and co-produces original and innovative films with strong international potential. Last but not least, pitching participants will have the chance to take part in two unique in form script consultations led by Anna Bielak, a script writer, script consultant and story editor. The first one (a Skype meeting) will take place before Animarkt, whereas the other will be organized directly after the pitching.
The pitched projects will be presented on 11 th October 2019 during the ANIMARKT Stop Motion Forum, held in Łódź for the fourth time. Just like during the previous edition, 15 projects will be chosen by a special Selection Committee.
Full list of pitching prizes include:
– Two special accolades from CeTA Film Studio (Center for Audiovisual Technology in Wrocław), namely vouchers worth PLN 60,000 (ca €14.000) and PLN 40,000 (ca €9.300), which will entitle the winners to using the studio for producing their films.
– Co-production Award sponsored by Folimage.
– Distribution Award by Radiator IP Sales. The company will choose one pitched project for commercial and festival distribution.
– Dragonframe 4 licence with a Bluetooth keypad.
– Ale kino+ Award. The TV channel will buy the license rights for one pitched project when it’s finished.
– Accreditation for MIFA 2020 at Annecy Festival.
– Expert consultations with puppet maker Marcin Zalewski, available at the production stage of the awarded project.
– APALAB award, consisting of a 2 weeks writing and development residence in the Animation Production Center Quirino Cristiani in Cordoba, including accommodation in the castle, or in a house close to the castle. Also including mentoring/development consultancy in scriptwriting, production and art for development stage, meetings with producers, considering international co-production fund for animation in Cordoba (Argentina
2018 Event Coverage
ANIMARKT STOP MOTION FORUM is Poland’s first and Central and Eastern Europe’s prime international event devoted exclusively to stop motion and puppet animation. It is a unique meeting venue of the field’s top artists, craftsmen, producers, distributors, broadcasters, and investors. Its diversified program offers a unique combination of workshop and vocation-oriented elements on the one hand with networking and business-to-business meetings on the other, while the pitching of short puppet animations is a unique opportunity for artists.
MOMAKIN, the organizer of the ANIMARKT STOP MOTION FORUM, is a business partner for animation. It offers professional support to animation projects at every stage of their development. It brings together artists, producers, and distributors. It boasts an immense portfolio of talents from all over the world and numerous successful ventures home and abroad.
Animarkt Stop Motion Forum is co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and the Polish Film Institute.