2020 Call for Entries:
The 44th International Animation Film Festival, organised by CITIA – resource and expertise centre in the field of images and creative industries – will take place in Annecy from 15th to 20th June 2020.
It is financially supported by the National Centre for Cinematography (CNC), the Creative Europe/MEDIA Programme of the European Union, the Grand Annecy, the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Regional Council, the Haute-Savoie Regional Council and Procirep.
Any audiovisual animation, created frame by frame whatever the technique, made for the cinema, television and any other screening platform may be entered.
Only works completed after 1st January 2019 and never previously entered at the Annecy Festival will be accepted.
a) short films
b) feature films (made for the cinema with a running time of over 60 mins), that have not been commercially exploited
c) TV films and webseries
- TV series and webseries (don’t submit more than one episode per series; presenting an episode of a series already selected in a previous year, as well as submitting pilots, will not be accepted)
- TV specials
d) commissioned films
- educational, scientific or industrial films
- advertising or promotional films
- music videos
e) graduation films
Submissions end on 15th February 2020 for the following categories:
Submissions end on 15th March 2020 for the Feature Films category and 6th April 2020 for the VR Works.
- Feature Films: Julie Gayet, Yoshiaki Nishimura, Nora Twomey
- Short Films: Camélia Jordana, Izabela Plucińska, Koji Yamamura
- Graduation Films & Off-Limits: Antonio Canobbio, Dean DeBlois, Virginia Mori
- TV & Commissioned Films: Jinko Gotoh, Vrej Kassouny, Judith Nora
- Contrechamp/Perspectives: Anja Kofmel, Sébastien Onomo, Gerben Schermer
2018 Festival News (Archive)