Cartoon Movie 2013: Enzo d'Alò, Ocelot, Lord compete for European Director of the Year
- Written by ZF Team
- Category: Awards & Prizes
The European Association of Animation Film, has announced the finalists for Cartoon Movie Tributes 2013, Prominent European directors and production companies are nominated.
The awards for outstanding contribution to the development of European animation film over the last year will be handed out on March, 6-8 (Lyon).
Two respected European animators and directors, and an upcoming name in feature animation will compete for the European Director of the Year award:
- Enzo d'Alò (Italy) - director of Pinocchio [info-trailer]
- Peter Lord (UK) - director of the Academy Award-nominated The Pirates! Band of Misfits
- Michel Ocelot (France) - director of Kirikou and the Men and Women [info-trailer]
European Distributor of the Year:
- Pro Film, distributor of independent films in Bulgaria which has recently introduced several European animation films in the country like "Ronal the Barbarian", "Niko and the Way to the Stars", "Freddy Frogface", "Moomins" and "Lotte and the Moonstone", and planning to release soon "Niko 2", "Thor 3D" and "Gladiators of Rome"
- TF1 International, first animation feature film in 2011, "The Rabbi's Cat", followed by "Santa's Magic Crystal" and "Aya of Yop City" (info)
- Universum Film, independent film distributors in Germnay and co-producer of animated films such as "Niko & Way to the Stars", "Moonman" and "Knight Rusty".
European Producer of the Year:
- Anima Vitae (Finland) production (Niko & The Way to the Stars, "Niko 2 - Little Brother, Big Trouble)
- Les Armateurs (France) production Kirikou, Belleville Rendez-Vous, Ernest & Celestine
- El Toro Pictures, Lightbox Entertainment & Ikiru Films (Spain). Production: Tad, the Lost Explorer
The winners will be selected by their peers attending the 15th Cartoon Movie, the pitching event for animation film being hold in the French city of Lyon from 6th to 8th March, and the award ceremony will take place on Friday 6th March afternoon.
The projects, with a total budget of 303.6 million euros, will be presented to over 700 sector professionals including producers, investors, distributors and sales agents.