For Animation Filmmakers:
For Animation and Film Festivals & Events Professionals
The Baltic Pitching Forum aims to set up a place for short filmmakers situated in the Baltic sea region to present their new projects whilst sharing common issues and knowledge, exchanging experiences and good practices, developing artistic ideas and increasing contacts. The event will also encourage them to attract active European producers, TV commissioners, film fund representatives, VoD and festival programmers and distributors. Organizer - Lithuanian Short Film Agency LITHUANIAN SHORTS.
2021 Call for Entries
The Baltic Pitching Forum consists of an online script consultation and a three-day training and pitching event. The Forum event will be held on October 7-9 2021 in Vilnius (on-site and online). Individual online consultations with the scriptwriting expert will take place the first weeks of September.
- Film directors and/or producers who are citizens of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Sweden or have a right of a permanent residence in the countries mentioned above.
- Applicants must have finished at least one professional short film project.
- Eligible projects - short films in the development stage (fiction, animation, hybrid) that are up to 30 min. and aimed at international audience.
● synopsis (up to 150 words)
● script or treatment (if submitting with the treatment, please note, that in case of selection You will be asked to deliver the script by 1 September 2021)
● director’s statement
● short biography and filmography of a director and producer
● links to the director’s previous work
● financial and distribution plans (not mandatory)
● visual reference material (not mandatory)
The BPF Panel will award two Short Film Projects* with participant rights at the following events:
● European Short Film Co-production Forum EURO CONNECTION which is a part of the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Market (co-funded by Europe Creative MEDIA Programme). The producer and director of the winner-project will be invited to attend EURO CONNECTION in February 2022 in order to pitch again their project to a new international audience of industry professionals.
● Torino Short Film Market and its new initiative YOU ONLY PITCH TWICE. It is a pitch session for short film projects that have been previously presented at another pitching event prior to Torino Short Film Market vol. 6. The director or the producer of the winner-project will be invited to attend Torino Short Film Market vol. 6 in December 2021 in order to pitch their project to a new audience of industry professionals.