For Animation Filmmakers:
For Animation and Film Festivals & Events Professionals
2020 Festival Coverage
NB: Festival dates are tentative
Call for entries:
Dublin Animation Film Festival is calling for entries of short animated films for these categories. Film should have been completed/been released on or after 1 June 2018, with a maximum running time: 15 minutes)
1. Irish Short Film Award.
2. International Short Film Award.
3. Irish Student or Graduate Short Film Award.
4. International Student or Graduate Short Film Award.
5. Short Film Produced/Animated by a Secondary School Level student.
6. Short Film Produced/Animated by a Primary School Level student.
7. Social Recognition (awarded for a short film that delivers a social or charitable message).
The Festival's judging panel may at its discretion also present an award for any of the following categories:
• Best Co-Production (produced by an Irish and overseas production company);
• Best Film in the Irish Language;
• Best Soundtrack (films from all categories eligible);
• Best Comedy or Musical Short Film;
• Best 2D Animation.
2019 Festival Coverage
Fabian Erlinghäuser, Head of Animation at Cartoon Saloon will be the Guest Speaker at the screening of Cartoon Saloon's Academy Award nominated feature 'The Breadwinner'.
Fabian has 18 years industry experience at the Academy-Award-nominated studio Cartoon Saloon, where he works as Head Of Animation on projects ranging from feature films and short films to TV shows. He was the Animation Director on “The Breadwinner”, the Saloon’s Oscar nominated feature collaboration with producer Angelina Jolie.
His credits include Animation Director and 1st Assistant Director of the European Film Of The Year 2015, “Song Of The Sea”, which was nominated for multiple Annie Awards and an Academy Award. Fabian was also the animation supervisor of Cartoon Saloon’s breakout feature “The Secret Of Kells”, which cemented Cartoon Saloon's reputation for creating artistically inventive movies.
He currently co-directs “Dorg Van Dango”, a new TV-show he created with Breadwinner helmer Nora Twomey. It will be released in late 2019. Before joining Cartoon Saloon in 2000, Fabian graduated with 'Distinction' in Classical Animation from BCFE in Dublin. Apart from Cartoon Saloon, Fabian teaches character animation at colleges such as IADT in Dún Laoghaire; The Animation Workshop in Denmark; and the University Of Applied Sciences in Cologne, Germany.
Fabian will be participating in a Q & A after the screening of 'The Breadwinner' in the Pavilion Theatre, Dun Laoghaire, on Saturday, 27 October 2018.