Cartoon Forum, 23-26 Sep 14, Toulouse: New, Lighter Submission Process
- Written by ZF Team
- Category: Pitching
The premiere European pitching forum for TV animation projects, Cartoon Forum, facilitates its submission procedure for its next Toulouse edition. See the changes made.
The 25th Cartoon Forum consists of pitching sessions of pre-selected TV projects, where animation producers can find cross-border partners and speed up financial arrangements.
850 participants from 32 countries participated in the 2013 event. Participants have 40 minutes to pitch their idea to potential buyers, whereas the "Croissant & Coffee shows" gives a trailer glimpse of the upcoming pitching session to attend.
The project can be a series or a TV-special. The submitted project must be a European animation project (min. 50% of animation), of a minimum running time of 26 minutes (addition of all foreseen episodes), mainly intended for television (but it can also be developed for the new platforms).
It also needs to be in state of development, beyond the concept state and sufficiently polished and developed, and must not yet have all the finance assembled.
The new changes aim to facilitate animation producers to submit their project. An online submission process has been inaugurated, and fewer materials are now requested:
List of all changes made viz. the previous edition:
- NO storyboard: There is no need to send a full storyboard anymore, only the concept and the treatment of the new project
- No European cooperation letters
- No European points anymore
- Possibility of online submission, which can be saved and later processed (up untl the 27th May deadline)
- The project files will not be automatically sent to buyers before the Cartoon Forum, and neither will buyers' interests will be collected before the event. This is to give the successful applicants complete control of their presentation/pitch in front of the buyers, and increase the importance of the trailer presentation.
Still, producers will still be able to choose whether they want to make their Project Files available for the buyers or not.
Cartoon Forum important dates:
- 27 May: submission of the projects
- 5 June: selection of the projects
- 30 June: participants' registration
- 29 August: trailer submission
- 12 September: schedule of pitching sessions
The 25th Cartoon Forum, the co-pro and pitching event for TV series, will take place from 23-26 Sep 2014 in Toulouse, France.
Watch the "Why Attend?" Video: