The films in the broad spectrum of programs deal with uncomfortable topics and raise questions, but they also inspire confidence and compassion, radiate joy and candidly tell of life’s difficult hurdles and significant triumphs. We believe in the power that lies in sharing stories and experiences. We are committed to presenting the limitless possibilities of film. Encouraged by the input from our young audience, curators and juries and their astute comments and critical questions, we endeavour to remain true to our course of creating a festival that takes the interests and emotions of young people to heart.
The KUKI confetti-spirit stands for celebration, diversity and the power of community.
2022 Call for Entries
KUKI International Short Film Festival for Children and Youth Berlin will take place from 13 to 20 November 2022.
The 15th edition of the KUKI Festival is currently being planned as a hybrid event. If possible, the festival programs will be made available to school classes parallel to the festival screenings in cinemas. Should your film be selected for the festival, KUKI will inform the rights holders of such developments and seek the necessary permission.
Films submitted will be considered for the following competitions:
- International Films for Children Competition (ages 4 to 12)
- International Films for Youth Competition (ages 12 and up)
- Documentary Competition (ages 10 and up)
- Environmental Program (ages 8 and up)
- all other non-competitive festival categories
- and for interfilm - 38th International Short Film Festival Berlin