Zippy Frames partners and offers with Scheriaa Productions a Story Development Service For Animation Projects, led by Vassilis Kroustallis and Olga Bobrowska.
What We Do:
We address the story aspects of your animation film; we examine its theme, plot structure, characters, context, in accordance with your already stated idea and director's own intentions. We come up with solutions to story problems you face, and provide examples of fine practices for your project.
Why It Is Essential:
Animation films need to balance and include both a strong narrative and a strong aesthetic component. Animation medium doesn't have the constraints of a live-action script sometimes, but this in turn leaves too many options open to the animation filmmaker, which they need to evaluate carefully before selecting. Indie animation production has also proliferated and expanded in recent years; it is advisable to take note of all recent developments in your precise field you wish to position your animation project.
What We Cover
- Scrutinize the main theme of the film / improve your message
- Review character development, arcs and emotions
- Examine dramaturgy, plot beats and scene by scene analysis
- Deepen the research, i.e. social, historical, political, visual contexts
How The Service Works:
- You submit your film project and we view it
- We arrange the first online session to present you with feedback and story solutions
- We examine your reworked project, and we conduct our second online session for a final guidance
What You Need To Submit:
A dossier with the following
- Story Synopsis (max. 200 words)
- Project description (technique, duration etc.) and directors intentions (max. 600 words)
- Script/ Storyboard / Animatic
More Info And Fees:
- All sessions are confidential
- Duration: 2 x 1h (online)
- Fee: 220 EUR (VAT 20% included in price. If you are an EU business, let us know)
Vassilis Kroustallis: He is a film and animation professional with more than 10 years of animation festival experience, reporting and serving as jury in many animation festivals. He is a member of ASIFA-Hollywood, and he runs (since 2011) animation news journal Zippy Frames. He has served in animation festival positions, and he is currently serves as Animation Programme director at PÖFF Shorts, Estonia.
Olga Bobrowska: She was born in 1987. She has a Ph.D. in Film Studies at Jagiellonian University, Kraków, specialized in classic Chinese animated film and an author of academic articles on the subjects of Polish and Chinese animation. She is the festival director of StopTrik International Film Festival (Maribor, Slovenia; Lodz, Poland), a festival dedicated to stop motion animation, the curator of animation programmes presented at festivals in e.g. Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, The Netherlands and China. She collaborates with the festivals Animateka (Ljubljana), Etiuda&Anima (Kraków) and Krakow Film Festival. In 2016 she co-edited the monograph “Obsession Perversion Rebellion. Twisted Dreams of Central European Animation”.