CARTÓN - Festival Internacional De Cortos De Animación De Buenos Aires 2023
Festival Description: CARTON is an international animated film festival whose main objective is to bring together animators, directors, producers, cartoonists, cartoonists, and the entire community to see, enjoy and promote the world of animation as a means of communication and expression of ideas. artistic, technical, and political. The Festival consists of a competitive section of animated shorts. After a pre-selection carried out by the organizing committee, the material is evaluated by a prestigious jury that changes from year to year. Since its inception in 2011, Juan Pablo Zaramella, Tomas Welss, María Verónica Ramirez, Raúl Manrupe, Irene Blei, Salvador Sanz, and Ayar Blasco, among others, have passed through the Carton jury. The competitive section is divided into the following categories: Fiction/Narrative, Experimental/Non-narrative, Video Clip, Series, Micro-shorts, and Training Workshops. In addition to the competition, the Carton Festival is completed with talks, videoconferences, workshops, feature film screenings, and a comic book fair.
2023 Call for Entries
The 12th CARTÓN - Festival Internacional De Cortos De Animación De Buenos Aires will take place from 5 to 11 November 2023.
- All short films made from 2021 to the present, recorded on any media, can participate.
- Authors of any nationality can participate.
- Up to 3 (three) works per filmmaker and per category will be accepted.
- The duration of the short films must not exceed 15 (fifteen) minutes in any case.
Awards & Prizes:
- Best Argentine Narrative Short
- Best International Narrative Short
- Best Argentine Video Clip
- Best International Video Clip
- Best Experimental Short/Argentine Video Art
- Best Experimental Short/Inter-Video Art
- Best Argentine Short Film
- Best International Short Film
- Best Series
- Best Short made by students
- Special Mentions
Short films can be registered in one of the following categories:
- Experimental/Video Art
- Music Video
- Micro Shorts (up to 3 minutes)
- Series (See section "G")
- Animation Students (Schools)
- Formation Workshops for Children in Argentina (See section "N")
Unlike the other categories, material from 2020 onwards will be accepted here. Participation of one episode per series will be admitted. The filmmakers or producers must decide which episode they will submit for the competition. Web series are accepted.
- Festival regulations and entry form via Filmfreeway
- Deadline: 15 June 2023 (no entry fee)
- From 05/11/2023 to 11/11/2023