International Film Festival for Children and Youth "Hero"
The festival “Hero” is meant to be a platform for pondering and discussing the moral compass for modern youth. The festival organizers believe that it is one of the most important educational topics. Such values as patriotism, tolerance, and traditional virtues are discussed at all the festival events in some or other way. All the festival material is chosen in accordance with multi-genre and multi-cultural approaches. The concept of hero is represented in all spheres, and in all film genres (fiction film, animated film, documentary): a hero that inspires us to perform good deeds, accomplishes small and major feats every second, and helps us to determine life values, priorities and our moral compass.
The idea of searching a modern hero provides food for thought at the discussion panels both for cinema professionals and audience. The development of the film industry for children is the question of present interest for professionals – who is the hero for children and adolescents? A discussion club for children is to be organized after watching a film.
The festival traces its origins back to 2018 when it was held in All-Russian format. II International Film Festival for Children and Youth "Hero" will be the only international film festival for children and youth on the territory from Eastern Siberia to Sakhalin. The appearance of a professional film contest festival for children in Krasnoyarsk is another reminder of how important it is to make films for young viewers. Moreover, the festival supports those rare filmmakers who create and promote this part of cinematography nowadays.
2022 Call for entries
Festival will take from 19 to 23 May, 2022 in Krasnoyarsk Region. The jury of "Hero" will include foreign experts, both domestic and foreign films will be included in the program. Creative meetings, lectures, educational laboratories, round tables/discussion platforms and thematic workshops will be held during the festival.
The competitive program films are accepted according to the following categories:
- feature-length films, production years: 2020-2022, running time from 50 to 240 minutes;
- feature short films, production years: 2021-2022, running time from 3 to 49 minutes;
- full-length animated films, production years: 2020-2022, running time from 50 to 180 minutes;
- animated short films, production years: 2021-2022, running time from 1 to 49 minutes;
- documentary films, production years: 2021-2022, running time from 3 to 100 minutes;
- special nomination for children: “Who is your hero?”, production years: 2021-2022, running time from 1 to 49 minutes.
The receipt of applications for participation in the competitive and non-competitive programs of the Festival is carried out from December 01, 2021 to February 20, 2022 inclusive in electronic form by e-mail of the Organizer:
- Entry Form via the webpage or filmfreeway
- Deadline: 20 February 2022
- The participation in the competitive and non-competitive programs of the Festival is free of charge
NB: 2023 Festival Dates are tentative
- From 19/05/2023 to 23/05/2023