Mister Vorky Film Festival
Organizer of the Festival is Independent Film Center Vorky Team which in this way pays tribute to the great Serbian-American film artists Slavko Vorkapich.
The goal of the Festival is a presentation of one-minute and short films which are innovative, different, experimental and brave in exploring film language. The festival is receiving all forms and all genres of the seventh art (fiction, animation, documentary, experimental…).
The organizers of the festival are the Independent Film Center Vorky Team, which in this way pays tribute to the great Serbian-American film artist Slavko Vorkapich-Vorky.
2023 Call for Entries Coverage:
Submitted films for competition program must have following length:
- for competition program of one-minute films: maximum 60 seconds (one minute), together with opening and closing titles (in exceptional cases it may be tolerated that film has closing titles which prolongs complete film longer than one minute to maximum 70 seconds).
- for the competition program "9413" of short films: maximum length of 25 minutes (exceptionally till 30 minutes).
- feature films (upon invitation only)
Films produced in the period from 2021 to 2023 are eligible to participate. Festival selectors can select up to 5 one-minute films that were created before 2021, if they deserve to be screened at the festival
Grand Prix for the Best One-Minute Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Award for the Best One-Minute Serbian Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Award for the Best One-Minute Foreign Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Audience jury award for the Best One-Minute Film - diploma “MISTER VORKY”
Grand Prix "9413" for the Best Short Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Award for the Best Short Serbian Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
International jury members (two different juries) can choose maximum three special awards (diplomas) for certain film categories. The organizer holds the right to increase prize fund depending on resources of the Festival
- Full festival regulations and submit online
- Fees: free (one-minute programme competition), 8 USD (short films in the '9413' programme)
- Deadline: 30 April 2023
2022 Festival Coverage
2021 Festival Coverage
2020 Festival Coverage (Archive)
Grand Prix award for one-minute film goes to "Film Crew in Quarantine" by Robertas Nevecka from Lithuania
Award for the Best short film in a Competition programme "9413", decided by the jury member Greg De Cuir Jr, goes to "The Mandela Effect" by Mihajlo Vitezovic from Serbia
Award for the Best Serbian one-minute film goes to "Impasse #8 Covid-19 special" by Filip Markovinovic from Serbia
Award for the Best foreign one-minute film goes to "Heaven" by Reza Moayedi from Iran
2019 Festival Coverage
NB: 2024 Festival Dates are tentative
- From 21/06/2024 to 25/06/2024