Ars Independent Festival 2023
The festival is searching for what’s cool in young, debuting, contemporary audio-visual culture. It’s not afraid to watch videos with 27 views on YouTube, it’s missing the “least popular” sorting option on itch.io and considers Festival Scope Pro decidedly “too mainstream”.
2023 Call for Entries
- The Black Horse of Animation Competition (hereinafter referred to as the Competition) within the Festival will take place on December, 2023 in Katowice, Poland.
- Only debuts and second animated films, alongside school films [made before debuts] produced after January 1st, 2021 are eligible to enter the Competition. Entries from authors from all around the world are accepted.
- Films eligible to enter the Competition may be created in any animation technique and their running time must not exceed 30 minutes (including credits).
- Submission via FilmFreeway
- Deadline: 10 September 2023
2022 Festival Coverage
2020 Festival Coverage
The Ars Independent Festival 2020 will already be the 10th edition of the multimedia festival of film, animation, video clip and video games.
Uncertainty as to the possibility of holding a festival in Katowice also prompted the organizers of Ars Independent to decide to be held online only. Unfortunately, most of the festival events planned (and already covered) for this year were not suitable for this new format. As a result, this year’s program had to be invented from scratch a few months before the event.
This year, the organizers are preparing many, often surprising, changes in the formula and scale of Ars Independent. The Black Horse competitions of films, animations, music videos, and video games? We won’t see them this time! The festival will also last shorter, only 3 days – from 24 to 26 September – and will have an experimental character.
2018 Festival Coverage
- From 08/12/2023 to 09/12/2023