Festival Internacional de Animacion 2023
Universidad ORT Uruguay aims to promote and exhibit animations produced by students and graduates of animation, advanced High-School students, independent animators, and international producers and also seeks to provide a space for artistic and technological reflection in this area.
2023 Call for Entries
The 17th Festival Internacional de Animacion (FIA) will take place from 26 to 28 September 2023 in Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Any animated short film will be able to participate regardless of the genre, theme, or country of origin, having been created in or after 2020.
- Each Director may individually present a maximum of six pieces. A registration form must be completed for each of the pieces presented.
- The short films may have been made for film, video, TV, or the internet.
- The maximum duration of the pieces is 20 minutes, including credits.
- Animated short film
- Experimental animation short film
- Advertising short/video clip
- Student short film
The jury will be responsible for granting the distinctions mentioned below:
- Grand Jury Prize: U$S 1000
- Best Uruguayan Short Film: U$S 500
- Best Uruguayan Short Film in the student category: certificate
- Best International Short Film in the student category: certificate
- Best Animated Short Film: certificate
- Best Experimental Animated Short Film: certificate
- Best Advertising Short / Video Clip: certificate
The organizers of FIA will be responsible for the curation of the short films. The final selection will be announced at least one week before FIA’23 begins.
- Regulations and entry form
- Deadline: 27 August 2023 (no submission fee)
2022 Festival Coverage
2019 Festival Coverage
- From 26/09/2023 to 28/09/2023