Festival Internacional Stop Motion Mx
SSTOP MOTION MX (SMMX) is an international project that promotes and disseminates stop motion animation since 2013 in Mexico City. Year-round, SMMX encourages this unique combination of technology and craftwork with multidisciplinary workshops, conferences and events, involving participants from all around the world. The Festival gathers professionals and independent creators alike as well as enthusiasts and fans of all ages for a truly unique cinematic experience. SMMX is dedicated to providing access to the exhibition of national and international productions as well as creating film appreciation visual experiences on stop motion with a fresh new audience.
(Archive): 2020 Call for Entries
The 7th edition of the Short Films International Contest, in which the best productions are awarded, is open for submissions at the following categories:
- Short film – Free audiovisual expression
- Short film of Mexico – Only Mexican productions
- Kids – Animation created by children
- Documentary – Productions including stop motion animation
- Feature film – Audiovisual films with a duration beyond 60 minutes
- Short commercial film – Communicating an idea, a product, or a service
- Video clip – Visual representation with sound
- Series – A production with episodes
- Video game – Electronic game demo
- Professional animators, filmmakers, visual artists, students, and general public may participate, individually or collectively, no matter their nationality;
- All audiovisual works with mixed techniques containing at least 50% of stop motion animation may compete;
- All productions created between January 2016 and September 2020 may participate;
- Application is free; registration cost through online platforms will be borne by the participants;
- The winning film works will be published at the virtual closing ceremony of the SMMX on Sunday 1st, November 2020;
- The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2020;
- You may read all regulations and submit your film via Filmfreeway.
2020 Festival Coverage:
* Advertising spot - Any product or service
* Music video - animation inspired by or produced specifically for a song
* Experimental - free expression of a concept or idea without narrative rules
* Professional - larger budgeted and professionally organized commercial or independent productions
* Animation for children - animation films targeted to children audiences
* Student - animation films produced with the aid, support or supervision of an education institution
*National- Only Mexican´s productions.
7. Any film fashioned in its majority with stop motion animation techniques and with a maximum length of 30 minutes can participate.
NB: 2023 Festival Dates ae tentative
- From 24/11/2023 to 26/11/2023