Animafest Goes MSU: Call for Site-Specific Animation Works
- Written by ZF Team
Animafest Zagreb 2015 invites all interested prospective participants to enter their site-specific animation works for the MSU media façade.
Following the successful collaboration project initiated in 2012Animafest Zagreb in association with the Museum of Contemporary Art announces an open call Animation goes MSU! for three-channel site-specific animated works up to 10 minutes of duration, to be screened on the MSU media façade.
- Any three channel video work made using an animation technique (frame-by-frame, classic or computer generated) is eligible to apply.
- More than 70 per cent of the work should contain animated sequences.
- The submitted works should be adapted to the display conditions and technical specifications of MSU’s media facade. See the video for details
- The media facade cannot reproduce sound so the works can also be silent.
- Duration: a maximum of 10 minutes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The festival does not accept standard TV, DVD and cinema formats.
There is no submission fee. The applications are open until 22 March 2015. Read the complete regulations and applly online. The works will be selected by curator Leila Topić, Head of the Film, Video, Photography and Media Department at MSU, and Daniel Šuljić, Animafest's Art Director.
The selected works will be screened on the media façade between 26 May and 14 June 2015.
The 25th World Festival of Animated Film – Animafest Zagreb takes place 9-14 June 2015 in Zagreb, for the first time merging the short and feature editions together and presenting animated films of all lengths.