Animarkt Stop Motion Forum 2022: All Winners
Almost 300 participants from all over the world, including Spain, Bulgaria, Colombia and Lebanon participated in the one-of-its kind Animarkt Stop Motion Forum, in which stop-motion animation projects from all over the world are being showcased and pitched.
This year's edition was attended by a record number of participants. And, for the first time, we had two categories of pitching. applications for ANIMARKT Pitching accepted two formats: short projects in development and projects of feature films or series or special programs.
In recent years, in the stop-motion animation industry, we have seen a tendency to improve cooperation between producers, directors, teams and technical crews. Thanks to this, we can see such diversity and the ability to tackle many topics – Agnieszka Kowalewska- Skowron, founder of the forum explains
Because of the combination of ANIMARKT with the StopMoLab program, creators from the farthest corners of the world were able to meet producers and representatives of the most important animation studios.
15 short projects competed for PLN 60,000 in-kind contribution as a coproduction funded by the Audiovisual Technology Center in Wrocław, industry accreditation for MIFA 2023, residency in Argentine Cordoba funded by APA Lab, industry consultations from Animond or Dragonframe software 5. Radiator IP Sales Distribution will provide the selected project with the festival and international distribution service and consultancy. CEE Animation Forum guarantees qualification to the Out of competition pitching in 2023.
The best projects of feature films and series, which competed for the first time during the ANIMARKT Stop Motion Forum, could count on qualification for the Kids Kino Industry 2023, industry accreditation for MIFA 2023 in Annecy, inclusion in the Animond catalogue or Dragonframe 5 software.
The awards bring the creators closer to the production of their films. The selection of this year's winners was not the easiest, not only because the level of pitching projects competing for awards was exceptionally high, but also due to the expansion of the category to series and feature films – Paulina Zacharek, founder of ANIMARKT Stop Motion Forum
Animarkt Stop Motion Forum Winners
- 60 0000 PLN - the in-kind contribution as a coproduction sponsored by the Audiovisual Technology Center, got Lina Kalcheva for Dawn Chorus;
- The Industry accreditation for MIFA 2023 in Annecy, got Alejandra Jaramillo for Embroidered Body and Claudia Munksgaard-Palmqvist for Visualization of a cut;
- APA Lab Award - residency, got Juan Camilo Fonnegra for Monstruo Come Palmeras
- Animond Award – marketing, audience and financing consultation went to Alejandra Jaramillo for Embroidered Body;
- Radiator IP Sales Distribution Award – festival and international distribution service and consultancy, got Izabela Plucińska for Joko;
- CEE Animation Forum Award qualification to the Out of competition pitching in 2023 got Carina Zidan for Houston?
Feature films & TV series:
- Kids Kino Industry Award qualification to the Kids Kino Industry in 2023 got Gabriela Villalobos & Sebastian Bisbal for Sissi & Ceasar;
- The Industry accreditation for MIFA 2023 in Annecy won Gabriela Villalobos & Sebastian Bisbal for Sissi & Ceasar and Petr Vodicka for Babu The Night City;
- CEE Animation Forum Award qualification to the Out of competition pitching in 2023 went to Vincente Mallols for The Inner Life;
The audience award, Dragonframe software, went to the animations Dr Hau, directed by Joanna Jasińska-Koronkiewicz and Embroidered Body directed by Alejandra Jaramillo.
Visualization of A Cut
Babu in the Night City
Discussions about the situation of women in the animation industry or sustainable film production. In addition, the exceptionally high level of projects competing for awards, bringing the creators closer to the realization of touching, funny and often socially engaged animations.
Animarkt Stop-Motion Forum took place in Lodz, 5-8 November 2022.