Submit your projects to the Central and Eastern European pitching forum held in May 2017 in Trebon, Czech Republic.
13 short animation films and 12 TV series to be pitched during Visegrad Animation Forum, 3-5 May. Discover the projects.
Visegrad Animation Forum is a platform for bringing animation professionals from Central and Eastern Europe together. It creates a space for discussion and exchange of experience among individual countries that share not only historical but also cultural ties.
Each year, it selects a number of projects to be pitched from the region. For the 2016 event (3-5 May, Trebon, Czech Republic), the pre-selection committee decided due to the high quality of the submissions to increase the number of projects going to the pitching competition.
From less than a hundred projects, 13 short films and 12 TV serieswere entered into the main competition.
The pitching sessions will be preceded by workshops led by expert tutors to discuss or fine – tune the strengths and weaknesses of all projects as well as best pitching strategies. After the pitch, each participating project team will have meetings with members of the jury (experienced film professionals and/or film and TV executives).
The final pitch will take place on 4 May for the category TV Series and the Short films will be presented on 5 May in the Hotel Hvězda.
Projects in competition: SHORT FILMS
- Burning Bones, dir. Marine Duchet – Luce Grosjean (FR),
- Carpel, dir. Tibor Banoczki, Sarolta Szabo – Sébastien Hussenot, Orsolya Sipos (FR, HU),
- The End, dir.David Štumpf, Michaela Mihályiová – Peter Badač,Eva Pa (SK),
- Flood, dir. Malte Stein – Malte Stein (DE),
- The Hermit, dir. Dato Kiknavelidze – Lali Kiknavelidze (GE),
- Holy Men dir.David Lovrić – Draško Ivezić (HR),
- Klingert's Diving Suit, dir. Artur Wyrzykowski – Artur Wyrzykowski (POL),
- One Day, dir. Filip Blažek, Mikuláš Suchý – Karolína Pojarová (CZ),
- One More!, dir. Tina Zadnik – Boštjan Potokar (SI),
- Somewhere, dir. Paul Muresan – Mihai Mitrica (RO),
- Swans Are Flying, dir. Birutė Sodeikaitė – Kristina Ramanauskaitė (LT),
- Tulpa, dir. Slawomir Shuty, Tomasz Bochniak – Anna Mroczek (PL),
- Untravel, dir. Ana Nedeljkovic, Nikola Majdak – Eva Pa, Jelena Mitrovic (SK, RS).
Projects in competition: TV SERIES
- The Amazing Adventures of Lost Socks, dir. Marta Stróżycka, screenwriter: Justyna Bednarek – Joanna Wendorff-Østergaard (PL),
- Borka and the Magic Dress, dir. Beáta Gurmai – Beáta Gurmai, Márton Ecsedy (HU),
- David & Laurence, dir. Anne Wilkins, Emily Howells – Adam Oliver (UK),
- Gaia Mama, dir. Julia Farkas – Orsolya Sipos (HU),
- Happy Go Hopscotch, dir. Katerina Lavrionova, screenwriter: Katy Segrove – Inesa Ivanova (UK),
- Sarah and Golem, dir. David Tousek, Anthony Wong (CZ, USA) – Marek Tousek (CZ),
- John Vardar vs. the Galaxy, dir. Goce Cvetanovski – Alan Castillo (MK), Mouflon Ancijas, dir. Juraj Krumpolec, Igor Derevenec – Juraj Krumpolec (SK),
- The Piracy of Princess Priceless, dir. Flora Anna Buda, Balázs Turai (HU) – Draško Ivezić (HR),
- Polly Tickle, dir. David Price (HU) – Sara Barbas (UK),
- Prince Ki-Ki-Do, dir. Grega Mastnak – Grega Mastnak, Mojca Zlokarnik (SI),
- Slimy case, dir. Petr Babinec – Libor Nemeškal, Petr Babinec (CZ).
Happy Go Hopscotch
Borka and the Magic Dress
In addition to the main pitching competition for short films and TV series, the three-day programme offers a number of presentations, debates and screenings.
Main topics will include choosing the right market and a potential coproduction partner, distributing childrens short films, presenting prestigious European studios (Silver Fox Animation and Camera-etc.) and many more.
There will be presented four case studies of successful animated projects: The Odd-Sock Eaters / Lichožrouti (Czech Republic), Tonda, Slávka and the Genius / Tonda, Slávka a génius (Czech Republic), Morten and the Ship of Fools (Estonia, Ireland, Belgium, Great Britain), White Plastic Sky / Bílé umělé nebe (Hungary).
VAF takes place in conjunction with Anifilm Festival, Trebon.