9 feature films for the Annecy festival
Among those the Cuban romance of Chico and Rita (made by the Spaniards Fernando Trueba and Javier Mariscal), 2 films from Japan and South Corea, and ... two films about cats, The Rabbi's cat (Joan Sfar and Antoine Delesvaux) and Un vie de chat (Jean-Loup Felicioli)
- Ferrnando Trueba and Javier Mariscal’s Chico and Rita (Spain)
- Keiichi Hara’s Colorful (Japan)
- Esben Toft Jacobsen’s Den Kaempestore Bjorn (Denmark)
- Mi-sun Park, Eun Young Park, Joo Young Ban, Jae-Ho Lee and Hyun-Jin Lee’s Jib (South Korea)
- Luc Vinciguerra’s Santa’s Apprentice (France)
- Joann Sfar and Antoine Delesvaux’s The Rabbi’s Cat (France)
- Jae-hoon An and Hye-jin Han’s Sojunghan Nare Kkum’ (South Korea)
- Masayuki Kojima’s Tibetan Dog (Japan)
- Jean-Loup Felicioli and Alain Gagnol’s Un Vie de Chat [A Cat’s Life] Belgium
Another 6 feature films will be screened out of competition. 42 shorts will vie for the Crystal D' Annecy, while numerous categories host graduation films, TV films and everything on animation.
In 2011, the 51st Annecy festival pays tribute to the United States. A spotlight on independent animation: America of the Oscars; the 100 best films from Warner Bros.: A Giant's First Steps; and many other programmes covering topics like humour, propaganda and archives etc.
Annecy film festival runs from 6-11 June, 2011.