Animasyros 27/9-1/10/17: Call for entries
The 10th edition of Animasyros International Festival + Agora includes three competition sections (International, student short & features), thematic panoramas of animation (international, student, K.IDs, Greek).
Animasyros' annual thematic priority is dedicated to the new animation narrative for Europe, through a screenings programme and roundtable talks, highlighting the current state of affairs in the European Animated film creation.
The showcase is completed with a focus to Luxembourg & Brazil, curatorial programmes celebrating the 10th anniversary of Animasyros & exploring the similarities of the Greek & Italian animation creation (Blu: An animated dialogue between Greece & Italy).
Agora, the market section of the festival, is further developed, as a tool facilitating market access to young and prominent animation professionals. Media literacy activities, target a variety of social groups such as children, young professionals, People with Disabilities and elderly people.
Read the festival regulations, and apply online There are no entry fees. Deadline for competition films: 30 June 2017
The call is addressed to animated films & TV shows with a minimum duration of 26 minutes (total), under development or seeking financial cooperation & synergies at a European level.
Selected projects at the Pitching Forum, will receive free accommodation for two representatives for three nights and a 20% discount on ferry tickets from the port of Piraeus. Hospitality arrangements are organised by the Festival solely.
Directors and/or Producers of projects in development will have the opportunity to present their project to a selected team of producers and investors, in order to create the conditions for the next stages of their project and receive feedback on content and production strategies.
Every application must include:
• Short Summary (up to 300 words)
• Director's Note
• At least 3 stills that reflect the aesthetics of the project
• Short producer's note describing the project status and timeline
• Financial plan
• Director's and Producer's Biography
• A preview link of the project (pilot, animatic etc), if available
• Full contact details (Name, Country, Position, Email, Mobile Phone)
Representative of selected projects will additionally have the chance to participate at all the activities of the Agora section of the Festival, which includes:
• An integrated videotheque (digital library) of completed and in progress animation films, accessible to accredited professionals.
• An open networking meeting (Meet the Directors).
Send your application until 15.7.2017 @
This call is also addressed to professionals of the animation industry (director, producer, film promoters etc) seeking distribution opportunities. You can participate at the Market by submitting your work at the integrated videotheque (digital library) of completed and in progress animation films, accessible to accredited professionals.
In order to validly participate at the Videotheque, you have to:
1. Send a screening copy of the animation film exclusively by electronic means (ie. Upload it on a webpage, use wetransfer, dropbox or relevant file transfer means) at
2. Attach to the e-mail a high resolution photo still [300 dpi]
3. Attach to the e-mail a document containing full credits & technical details of the film
4. Full contact details (Name, Country, Position, Email, Mobile Phone).
Send your film until 30.6.2017 @
For more info, email
The 10th AnimaSyros festival takes place 27 September - 1 October 2017 in Syros, Greece.