Annecy Creative Focus 2013: Selected projects
The Creative Focus (11-14 June) is part of the International Animation Film Market (Mifa), which runs parallel with the Annecy Film Festival (10-15 June 2013). It is an opportunity to pitch projects to professionals attending the Mifa and affiliate partners and funders.
A combat between the Underworld and the Devil (Akharin Dastan) and cemetery enlightenment (Les Fantômes du Père Lachaise), a squirrel version of West-Side Story (Central Park Tale), tales of Cambodian politics (Funan) and Russian companionship (La neuvieme vie d' Ivan Ivanovitch), and a South African Moby Dick tale of Sea Monster participate in the official feature selection
The list of 7 feature projects at Annecy Creative Focus :
- Akharin Dastan. Director, graphic creator, author / scriptwriter: Ashkan RAHGOZAR (France, Iran)
- Central Park Tale. Director: Daniel JEANNETTE,Author / Scriptwriter: Jacqueline BARCOS (US)
- Funan. Director: Denis DO Graphic creator: Michaël CROUZAT Author / Scriptwriter: Denis DO, Magali POUZOL (with the collaboration of Elise Trinh) (France)
- La Neuvième Vie d'Ivan Ivanovitch. Director: Gilles CUVELIER, Franck DION Graphic creator, author / scriptwriter: Franck DION, Gilles CUVELIER (France)
- Les Fantômes du Père Lachaise Director: Antoine COLOMB, Guillaume RIO Graphic creator: Eddy CHEZ (France)
- Sea Monster Graphic creator: Daniel CLARKE Author / Scriptwriter: Raffaella DELLE DONNE (South Africa)
Benefits for selected projects include follow up and help from the Festival team and experts from the world of animation: Dominique Poussier (Project development advisor, DP consulting) and Jean-Paul Commin (producer, Les Armateurs) to prepare the project presentation.