Animanima Festival 2023
The festival is based on a concept of international review programmes, including presentations of animators’ portraits, the school of animation, authors retrospectives and presentations of animated films studios, as well as accompanying fringe programmes (lectures, exhibitions, multimedia events). ANIMANIMA has existed since 2007, traditionally held under the auspices of the City of Čačak and Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Serbia.
2023 Call for Entries
The festival invites authors from all over the world to submit their films.
▪ Only films made after 1st January 2022 can be entered.
▪ No entry fee is charged for the film submissions.
▪ Works in any available animation techniques are accepted. For any film that represents a combination of animation and live-action, the overall animated segment must be at least 50% of the total length of the film
International competition program
Films for children competition
▪ ANIMANIMA Grand Prix (money prize & diploma)
▪ Special Award of the Jury (money prize & diploma)
▪ Special Distinction of the Jury (by each member of the jury, diploma)
▪ Award for the Best film for children
▪ Audience Award (diploma)
- Festival Regulations & Submission via FilmFreeway
- Deadline: 31 May 2023
2022 Festival Coverage
2020 Festival Coverage:
(Festival Statement): The general health situation caused by the COVID-19 Virus pandemics, as well as the incomplete and uncertain predictions regarding its further development have posed a brief dilemma regarding the format for this year’s Animanima Festival edition. Determined however to behave responsibly and professionally in line with the expectations of our fellow citizens, we have decided to prevent any risk and stage an ONLINE edition of the Animanima 2020 Festival.
You are welcome to watch the auteur animated films from the latest world production, animated commercials, children’s programme and other featured contents from your home, at any time that best suits you between 5th and 7th of November this year. We hope that our next edition planned for autumn 2021 will be a time for a reunion at the cinema hall!
2019 Festival Coverage:
40 films from 23 countries, taking part in this year’s competition programme
COMPETITION 01 Wednesday, September 4th | Grand Hall | 8:30 pm
My Generation, Ludovic Houplain
The Call, Anca Damian
1 Meter/Hour, Nicolas Deveaux
Matches, Géza M. Tóth
Selfies, Claudius Gentinetta
Mr. Mare, Luca Tóth
No Gravity, Charline Parisot, Maud Lemaître-Blanchart, Ludovic Abraham
Bavure, Donato Sansone
Thursday, September 5th | Grand Hall | 7:00 pm
Around the Stairway, Die Wimmelgruppe
Monster, Martin Snopek
Kids, Michael Frei
Flowing through Wonder, Joanna Lurie
One of Many, Petra Zlonoga
Gravity, Amir Admoni
Paper or Plastic, Nata Metlukh
Nettle Head, Paul Cabon
COMPETITION 03 Thursday, September 5th | Grand Hall | 8:45 pm
Metamorphosis, Carla Pereira, Juanfran Jacinto
The Opposites Game, Anna Samo, Lisa LaBracio
Movements, Dahee Jeong
Windshriek, Frédéric Doazan
Le Mans 1955, Quentin Baillieux
Fest, Nikita Diakur
I′m coming out for cigarettes, Osman Cerfon
COMPETITION 04 Friday, September 6th | Grand Hall | 7:00 pm
Intermission Expedition, Wiep Teeuwisse
Imbued Life, Ivana Bošnjak, Thomas Johnson
Florigami, Iva Ćirić
Purpleboy, Alexandre Siqueira
Grand Bassin, Héloïse Courtois, Victori Jalabert, Chloé Plat, Adèle Raigneau
Love He Said, Ines Sedan
Deep love, Mykyta Lyskov
From Under Which Rock Did They Crawl Out, Daniel Šuljić
COMPETITION 05 Friday, September 6th | Grand Hall | 8:45 pm
Iron Me, Ivan Rabbiosi
Per tutta la vita, Roberto Catani
Passage, Igor Ćorić
Uncle Thomas, Accounting For The Days, Regina Pessoa
Animals, Tue Sanggaard
Traces, Sophie Tavert Macian, Hugo Frassetto
Count Your Curses, Lorène Yavo
Memorable, Bruno Collet
Jury: Franck Dion: Paola Bristot, Jossie Malis
- Visiting Studio: Papy3D is a production company based in Paris, France founded by a fellowship of animation film directors. As they all had experience in directing animation films, they wanted to create a production company which would allow them to have a better control over their work. Papy 3D are Jérémy Clapin, Gilles Cuvelier, Franck Dion, Sarah Van Den Boom (directors), Pierre Caillet (composer and sound designer) and Richard Van Den Boom (administrator) and Animanima 2019 proudly presents a very special programme of Papy 3D studio.
- CONTEMPORARY ITALIAN ANIMATION: Under the title Anime Italiane, curator of the programme Paola Bristot reveals ten excellent films created by Dario Imbrogno, Valerio Spinelli, Mauro Carraro, Ahmed Ben Nessib, Elisa Talentino, Beatrice Pucci, Michele Bernardi, Emanuele Kabu, Francesco Rosso, Andrea Martignoni & Maria Steinmetz.
- The Bendito Machine Universe: Bendito Machine is a series which in many ways is unlike anything else seen at the world animation scene over the past decade or so, the period during which its six episodes were produced. Ironically titled All that you need, Obey his commands or Pull the trigger, his stories are phantasmagorical and occasionally hallucinating, yield a mirroring depiction of the human kind. The Bendito Machine Universe will be presented by its author in person, the designer and animator from Spain, Jossie Mallis.
- VISITING SCHOOL: MOME ANIM Young authors from MOME Anim, animation programme of prestigious Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design from Budapest, Hungary. Curated by Luca Tóth.
- Making of RUBEN BRANDT, COLLECTOR Psychotherapist Ruben Brandt is tormented by nightmares filled with scenes resembling famous works of art. Convinced that his suffering will end once he gets to own these works of art, he hires professional thieves to steal them from the world museums. The first full-feature film of director Milorad Krstić has a fascinating visual appearance, while the process of its creation will be the topic of the talk by Danijel Milošević, sound designer and editor of this film.
- The ANIDOX programme is part of the Animation Workshop in Viborg, Denmark. It is a creative platform for development and production of documentary projects comprising a laboratory, professional training courses, residential programme and master classes. ANIDOX LAB brings together documentary producers, animation directors and creative producers within their joint projects, which will be the topic of video-link assisted talk by Uri Kranot, main instructor.
2018 Festival Coverage
2017 Festival Coverage:
- From 19 September 2023 to 23 September 2023