Fredrikstad Animation Festival 2023
Fredrikstad Animation Festival (FAF) is organized by Norsk Animasjonsforum. The object of the festival is to promote the screening of animation and increase the awareness of animated expressions in the Nordic-Baltic countries. Fredrikstad Animation Festival is a part of the European Animation Awards, which is responsible for the Emile Awards. The winning films are eligible to participate in the best film and student film categories under the European Animation Awards. One Norwegian short film is chosen to compete in the nomination process for the Amanda award by the jury for the Nordic-Baltic short and student film categories.
2023 Call for Entries
Fredrikstad Animation Festival’s competition programme features the following categories:
- Competition for best Nordic-Baltic animated short film (made by professional filmmakers, free artistic work)
- Competition for best Nordic-Baltic animated student film
- Competition for best Nordic-Baltic animated commissioned film (commercials, educational and scientific content, TV-series, music videos)
- Competition for best Nordic-Baltic animated feature film
- Any frame by frame or computer assisted film or video may be entered.
- Maximum running time: 30 minutes.
- Films must have been completed January 1st 2022 or after.
- A film cannot enter the competition twice.
- A film cannot enter the competition in several categories.
- The director of the film must be a citizen of the Nordic and Baltic countries, or the country of origin of the film must be a Nordic or Baltic country.
- The Nordic-Baltic countries are defined as Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, the Faroe Islands, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.
Competition for Nordic-Baltic Feature:
Any frame-by-frame or computer-assisted film or video may be entered.
The competition category is for films longer than 30 minutes.
Films must have been completed by 1 January 2022 or after.
A film cannot enter the competition twice.
A film cannot enter the competition in several categories.
The country of origin of the film must be a Nordic or Baltic country.
The Nordic-Baltic countries are defined as Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia. Junior co-produced films are not eligible.
- Festival Regulations
- Submission via Film Freeway
- Deadline: 30 June 2023 (short, student and commissioned films), 7 August 2023 (feature films)
2020 Festival Coverage
2019 Festival Coverage
- Rick and Morty Creator Comes to Fredrikstad Animation Festival
- Duke Johnson and Dick Stamatopoulos to Fredrikstad Animation Festival
- 80 Animated Shorts Selected For Fredrikstad Animation Festival
- Full Festival Schedule
2018 Festival Coverage:
- From 19 October 2023 to 22 October 2023