Anilogue International Animation Festival 2023
Festival Description: Anilogue is an annual international animation festival taking place in Budapest, Hungary. The festival presents a whole week of animation, packed with feature premieres, sneak previews, workshops, a competition of European animated short films, and numerous special programmes including seven hours long animated shows, concerts, and cartoon exhibitions.
2023 Call for Entries
The 21st Anilogue International Animation Festival will take place from 28 November to 3 December 2023 in Budapest, Hungary.
- Best of Anilogue Award
- Audience Award
- The official competition of the festival is open for European animated short films with a maximum length of 20 minutes and feature-length animated films above 50 minutes in duration.
- Films can be entered for Anilogue if they correspond to the definition of animation given by the International Animated Film Association in an extraordinary General Meeting in Zagreb on 19.6.1980: “The art of animation involves the creation of animated images using various techniques other than live action.” Films using these techniques mixed with live-action are also accepted. Anilogue reserves the right to show films made by other techniques if they are deemed to be worthy of interest within the framework of the Festival.
a) International Competition of Short Animated Film: European animated films completed after January 1, 2022, and with a running time of less than 20 minutes are eligible.
b) International Competition of Short Animated Films for Children: European animated films completed after January 1, 2022, and with running time of less than 20 minutes are eligible.
c) International Competition of Extra Short Animated Film: European animated films completed after January 1, 2022, and with a running time of less than 2 minutes are eligible.
d) International Competition of Feature Length Animated Film: animated films completed after January 1, 2022, and with a running time of more than 50 minutes are eligible. Films must have their Hungarian premiere at the Festival.
e) Out of Competition: animated films, regardless of their geographical origin, length, and production date. Films are selected on account of their interest.
- Festival's regulations and submission via Filmfreeway
- Deadline: 15 September 2023 (no entry fee)
2022 Festival Coverage
2019 Festival Coverage
AnimaDoc UE+ Retrospective | Anilogue / Budapest
A DOCUMENTARY FILM (Poland 2015, 6’50”), Dir. Marcin Podolec (PWSFTviT ŁÓDŹ)
SPIRIT AWAY (Germny, 2015, 6’), Dir. Betina Kuntzsch
I WAS A WINNER (Sweden, 2015, 14'31”), Dir. Jonas Odell
VANILLA//WHIP (Poland 2016, 16'10”), Dir. Bogna Kowalczyk (PWSFTviT ŁÓDŹ)
THE DITCH (Spain, 2017, 7'20”), Dir. Atxur Animazio Taldea (Lekuk Kultur Elkartea) – HUNGARIAN PREMIERE!
IRISH FOLK FURNITURE (Ireland 2012, 8'), Dir. Tony Donoghue (MayFly Films)
EMIL (Germany 2013, 5'), Dir. Simon Steinhorst (Academy of Media Arts Cologne)
IT WAS COMING FORWARD (Hungary 2017, 9'45”), Dir. Lívia Janoch (Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design Budapest)
AB OVO (Poland 2013, 5'18”), Dir. Anita Kwiatkowska-Naqvi (PWSFTviT ŁÓDŹ)
CHRONICLE OF OLDRICH S. (Czech Republic 2011, 18'), Dir. Rudolf Šmíd
HOW LONG, NOT LONG (Denmark 2016, 6'00'), Dir. Michelle Kranot, Uri Kranot, (Dansk Tegnefilm ,The Animation Workshop )
PAPERBOX (Poland 2011, 8’57”), Dir. Zbigniew Czapla
ORTHO! (Belgium 2015, 21’17’’), Dir. Sartiaux Nathalie
NEVER LIKE THE FIRST TIME! (Sweden, 2005, 14'31”), Dir. Jonas Odell
I REGRET THAT (Hungary, 2014, 05'23”), Dir. Amanda Hertelendi (Budapest Metropolitan University Of Applied Sciences)
MADAGASCAR, A JOURNEY DIARY (France , 2009, 11'30''), Dir. Bastien Dubois (Sacrebleu Production)
BROKEN – THE WOMEN'S PRISON AT HOHENECK (Germany, 2016, 7'), Dir. Volker Schlecht and Alexander Lahl
TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL (The Netherlands, 2000, 11'44)”, Dir. Beatrijs Hulskens
ROUND TRIP: MARY (Macedonia 2015, 9'45”), Dir. Zharko Ivanov
PORNOGRAPHY (Belgium 2016, 24’), Dir. Ledune Eric
An integral part of the retrospective will be THE BEST OF RISING OF LUSITANIA ANIMADOC FILM FESTIVAL 2019:
1. A Cup of Anxietea (Sweden 2017, 7’50”), Dir. Emma Hjelm
2. Everywhere (Germany 2017, 6’49”), Dir. Luise Fiedler
3. Ex Terrat (Austria/France 2016, 5’45”), Dir. Reinhold Bidner
4. Carlotta's Face (Germany 2018, 5’), Dir. Valentin Riedl, Frédéric Schuld
5. Little Boy (Norway 2018, 5’), Dir. Kristian Pedersen
6. Musical Traumas (Serbia 2018, 10’26”), Dir. Milos Tomić
7. The Outlander (Austria, Portugal, Bulgaria 2018, 5’16”), Dir. Ani Antonova
8. Year (Poland 2018, 11’40”), Dir. Małgorzata Bosek-Serafińska
9. The Children Of Concrete (France 2017, 06’42”), Dir. Jonathan Phanhsay-Chamson
10. The Driver Is Red (USA 2017, 14’37”), Dir. Randall Christopher
2018 Festival Coverage (Archive)
2017 Festival Coverage
- From 28/11/2023 to 03/12/2023