Anima Mundi Festival
ANIMATION & FILM FESTIVALS
Deadline | Event Dates (period)
Rio de Janeiro/São Paulo, Brazil
Final submission deadline
2019 Call for entries (ARCHIVE)
Works can be registered using any animation technique, using a variety of case statements, with no restrictions as to subject or genre. For works with dialogues and/or blocks of text in languages other than Portuguese should be subtitled in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
The winner of Anima Mundi Festival qualifies to run for an Oscar nomination in the category Best Animated Short Films.
- Short Films
- Short Films for Children
- Brazilian Short Films
- Student Short Films - films produced in vocational animation courses, selected for exhibition in the contest sessions for Short-Length and Short-Length Children Films
- Gallery – experimental or non-conventional films, shown in a specific exhibition venue
- Feature Films – duration of more than 50 minutes
- Feature Films for Children – duration of more than 50 minutes
- Portfolio – commissioned works for advertising, educational, scientific, institutional campaigns, video games, music videos and special effects sequences for feature films
- Virtual Reality
- Documentary Short Films
- Anima Mundi Grand Prize (R$15,000.00)
- Professional Jury Awards - Best Script, Best Sound Concept, Best Art Direction, Best Animation Technique, Gallery Award: Best Commissioned Film, Best Virtual Reality (R$ 4,000.00)
- Popular Jury Awards - Best Student Short Film (R$ 4,000.00), Best Short Film For Children (R$ 5,000.00), Best Brazilian Short Film (R$ 8,000.00), Best Short Film (R$ 10,000.00), Best Documentary Short (R$ 5,000), Best Commissioned Short (R$ 4000,00)
- Feature Film Awards - Best Feature Film For Children (R$ 5,000.00), Best Feature Film (R$ 5,000.00)
All films receiving award will receive certificates and the Anima Mundi trophy.
Registration is free of charge.
- Read the rules and submit your entry here
- Deadline: 31 March 2019
- Selection results: 18 April 2019