Annecy - Bulgaria Animation Pitching Workshop 2023
Sofia Animation Lab in partnership with Annecy International Animated Film Festival and CEE Animation organize the second Annecy - Bulgaria Animation Pitching Workshop.
As a result of the submitted applications, 6 animation projects, selected by international experts from the Annecy International Animation Film Festival and CEE animation, will have the opportunity to participate in a 5-day professional training. César awarded French producer Olivier Catherin will come to Sofia from 30 October to 3 November, 2023 to work with the authors of the 6 selected projects. The training is free of charge, the working language is English and it will be hosted at Sofia Lab, “Serdika” 1 str., floor 3, Sofia.
The professional training is part of the Sofia Animation Lab 2023 programme, funded by the National Culture Fund, Bulgaria.
2023 Call for Projects
The second edition of Annecy - Bulgaria Anima*on Pitching Workshop is open for projects from Bulgaria only. Any animation creator/animator/director can submit a project, either as a personal/individual proposal or with an associate producer from Bulgaria.
- Animated film projects in concept or early developing phase, represented by one (or max. 2) author(s) can be submitted.
- Registering a project should be done on an individual basis by its author(s). Only one project per author(s) can be submitted.
- The project presented must NOT be part of a school syllabus or have been pre-purchased by a TV channel.
- Any project already associated with a producer can be submitted, but this must be stipulated.
- The Call for Projects is open to animated shorts, max. length of 15 minutes, in all stages of development, regardless of the used technique, target audience, genre or age of the authors.
- Film title;
- Film presentation image (max. file size 1MB, 1920 x 1080, JPG format);
- Logline (max. 200 characters);
- Synopsis (max. 2000 characters);
- Project description - origin, atmosphere, message, references etc. (max. 2000 characters);
- Director's statement - intent, author's motivation, stage of project, expectations (max. 1500 characters);
- Director's photo, bio and filmography (max. 1 page, PDF format);
- Samples of visual style: concept art/backgrounds / sets/characters etc.(max. file size 10MB, PDF format);
- Link to additional materials: animation test / trailer / presentation / animatic or storyboard (if any);
- Producer's statement (if any); Declaration of transfer of rights, if any subject is taken from a work that already exists (script,music, visual art);
- Confirmation, that the project has NOT been pre-purchased by a TV channel;
As a result of the workshop, two projects will be selected by the jury experts and will receive the following Awards - free participation in Annecy Festival / MIFA market 2024 and participation at CEE Animation Forum 2024. The Awarded projects will be presented to experts from the international animation industry.
All submitted documents should be in English.
- Submission form
- Deadline: 30 September 2023
The results of the selection of 6 projects will be announced on 15 October 2023.
- From 30/10/2023 to 03/11/2023