La Guarimba International Film Festival
Festival Description: La Guarimba is a film festival situated in the southern Italian region of Calabria with the aim of bringing the cinema back to the people and the people back to the cinema. It works with cinema and illustration using culture as a vehicle to promote our values of participatory democracy, integration, and accessibility.
2023 Call for Entries (Archive)
The 11th edition of the La Guarimba Film Festival will be held from 7th to 12th August 2023 in Amantea, Calabria, the wildest region of Italy.
Awards & Prizes
- Best Fiction Award (€800 + Trophy)
- Best Documentary Award (€800 + Trophy)
- Best Animation Award (€800 + Trophy)
- Best Experimental INSOMNIA Award (Trophy)
- Best La Grotta dei Piccoli Award (€300 + Trophy)
- Best Music Video (€300 + Trophy)
- Audience Award (Trophy)
- Nonnina Award (Trophy)
Terms and conditions
- All short films of any nationality and language can participate.
- All themes are allowed.
- The maximum length will be 30 minutes (including credits).
- Only those films produced after January 1st of 2021 will be accepted.
- All formats will be accepted.
- There are no limits to the number of entries a filmmaker may enter, but these have to be submitted separately.
- The festival will also accept films that already premiered in theatres, in other festivals, or are available online.
- Early-bird deadline: 30 September 2022 (7.5 EUR), Regular deadline: 10 March 2023 (15 EUR for Fiction, Animation, Documentary, Experimental - INSOMNIA, and 10 EUR for Music Video, Children's Animation - La Grotta dei Piccoli, Environmental Shorts - La Grotta dei Piccoli, Feminist Porn Short Films), Late deadline: 30 March 2023 (30 EUR)
- Rules and Submission via Filmfreeway
2020 Selection Results
NB: 2024 Festival Dates are tentative
- From 07/08/2024 to 12/08/2024