Cinanima (Espinho, Portugal) once again opens its doors (and animation entries) for its 41st edition.
UPDATE: Deadline extension: 9 July.
The Oscar-qualifying (and also professionally acclaimed) Portuguese festival celebrates its 41th anniversary.
CINANIMA opens entries for animated works concluded after the 1st of January 2016 and which have not been presented for selection in previous editions of the festival.
The festival categories are:
1. INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION SHORT FILM
• A – up to five minutes;
• B – more than 5 up to 24 minutes;
• C – more than 24 up t0 50 minutes;
• D – Commissioned Films – Commercials and Information;
• E – Animated Documentary.
Note: All those applying to International Competition – Short Films can only choose one category.
2.INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION FEATURE FILMS (Eligible: Films with more than 50 minutes.)
3.INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION SCHOOL FILMS AND/ OR GRADUATION FILMS
Films directed by students or graduates and produced at Art Schools, Film Schools or Training Schools for Animated Film, under 50 minutes long are admitted.
This Prize has the designation of Gaston Roch Award.
• ANTÓNIO GAIO Award – Best Film in the National Competition;
• BEST YOUNG PORTUGUESE DIRECTOR Award:
− Films directed by Children and Youngsters (until the age of 18);
− First films directed by Young Directors (more than 18 up to 30 years old).
The 41st Cinanima takes place 6-12 November 2017 (Espinho, Portugal).