Goya Nomination 2015: Feature and Short Animated Films
3 feature animated films were nominated at the 29th edition of the Spanish awards.
Dixie and the Zombi rebellion, directed by Ricardo Ramón and Beñat Beitia, is a follow-up to Daddy, I'm a Zombie feature by Abra Production) tells a teenager's story when she has again to compete against the wicked Nigreda, who devises a plan to rule the world and the dead zombies.
La tropa de trapo en la selva del arco iris (The Happets in the Rainbow Forest, dir. Alex Colls) is a children's comedy. The Happets is a group of animals, consisting of a cow, a giraffe, a bear, a pig, a dog and a bird. Working like a solidarity group, the undertake a mission to the Rainbow Forest.
Mortadelo y Filemón contra Jimmy el Cachondo is based on the famous Spanish comics series Mortadelo y Filemón, created by Francisco Ibáñez. In this story (directed by Javier Fesser), the Mort and Phil agents are forced to use all their ability to resolve anything to find the whereabouts of Jimmy, a complex crook with a high IQ.
Unlike the Academy Awards, Spanish animated features can get nominations beyond the Best Animated Feature (eve though they rarely win).Dixie and the Zombie rebellion has 10 Goya nominations in total (including a Best Picture nod, Direction and Music for Manel Gil-Inglada). 6 Goya noms for La tropa del trapo (including Best Picture and Production) and 12 Goya nominations for Mortadelo y Filemón contra Jimmy el Cachondo (among which are noms for Best Picture, Direction, Script).
See the complete nomination list here.
5 short films (out of 10 previously pre-selected) will compete for a Goya award in the Best Animated Short category.
- A Lifestory Director: Nacho Rodríguez. This is a free adaptation of the ancient poem Hymn of the Pearl. A special kitten will have a dangerous but full of adventures life in space.
- A lonely sun story Director: Juanma Suárez García, Enrique Fernández Guzmán. Linda a girl tormented by problems of alcoholism of her father, and Oscar, a young man obsessed with science fiction secretly in love with Linda. A mysterious phenomenon triggers a series of events that will make our protagonists are and live an experience that will change them forever.
- El señor del abrigo interminable Director: Victoria Sahores Ripoll. A man wears a coat that is costantly growing.
Isolated from society for this great weight and seeing impossible to get rid of it, the man decides to travel to some quiet place to live.
- Juan y la nube Director: Giovanni Maccelli. Juan is a child who has no friends. The Cloud is a cloud that has no cloud friends.
They both meet and become friends. But John grows and gets lost in the gray world of adults.
- Sangre de unicornio Director: Alberto Vázquez. Two bears go hunting unicorns, their preferred prey. Unicorns have soft flesh and blood with a delicious blueberry flavor that bears need to stay beautiful.
The 29th Goya award ceremony will be presented at the Centro de Convenciones y Congresos Príncipe Felipe in Madrid on February 7, 2015.