Flip Book: The Revolutionary Animations of the 21th Century Exhibition
Flip Book: The Revolutionary Animations of the 21th Century, which will take place from 18 May until 12 August 2018 at Ilmin Museum of Art in Seoul), is an exhibition project that seeks the possibility to reconsider embedded animation genres as contemporary art. The main exhibition entitled Studio between Frames, planned by CHO Juhyun (Chief Curator) at Ilmin museum of Art and organized by Eugene KIM, (program director) at Bucheon International Animation Festival (BIAF), will display the animation production process made by globally recognized directors that discovers commonalities between animation genres and contemporary art.
This exhibition visualizes the necessary processes of animation production to both emphasize the importance of those means and behaviors, providing new ways to experience the original version of animation in a specially designed artistic space.
The participating artists are the following:
- Lee Sung-gang/My Beautiful Girl, Mari, Kai
- Oh Sung-yoon/Leafie: A Hen into the Wild, Underdog
- Katrin Rothe/1917-The Real October
- Anca Damian/Crulic-The Path to Beyond, The Magic Mountain
- Anne Magnussen/The Man Who Knew 75 languages
- Arai Fuyu/Tissue Animals, Love is Organic Sawako Kabuki Anal Juke-anal Juice, Summer's puke is Winter's delight
- Bastien Dubois/Madagascar: a Journey Diary, Cargo Cult
* BIAF attended and introduced Directors
The exhibition will include Animation Films, Concept Art, Scripts, Storyboards, Stop Motion Animation, Character sketches, Making-ofs, By-Products, etc.
Flip Book: The Revolutionary Animations of the 21th Century will take place from 18 May until 12 August 2018 at the Second Exhibition Hall of Ilmin Museum of Art in Seoul, Korea.
Sign Up: Stay updated on European and Independent Animation News. Subscribe to our Newsletter.