Visegrad Animation Forum, 3-5/5/16: Call for proposals
Visegrad Animation Forum is the key international meeting place for animation professionals in Central and Eastern Europe.
It includes workshops led by experienced professionals, consultation of a realistic development plan, pitching techniques, ways to finance projects or co-produce and many others. VAF serves as a rapidly growing networking platform for producers and filmmakers and new talents.
Its 2016 edition takes place in Trebon, Czech Republic, 3-5 May 2016.
The VAF competition is open in two categories:
1) Short Films (single film less than 20 min.)
2) TV Series + TV Specials (series of any format and single films over 20 min.)
Submission has to be done electronically (in English) and has to include:
• Logline (one sentence)
• Synopsis (max. 600 characters)
• Treatment (a developed synopsis – max. 500 words)
• Director’s statement (max. 500 words)
• Estimated budget and financing plan
• Examples of visual and graphic style
• Brief director´s CV (max. 50 words)
• Information about the production company (max. 50 words)
• List of partners on the project so far
• Headline picture
The producer and the author or director must both present the project in person at the VAF Pitching (03. – 05. 05. 2016, Trebon), in front of a jury and an audience comprised of film and television professionals.
The best Short Film project receives financial support of 2,000 EUR for its further development. The winning TV Series or TV Special project gains direct access to Cartoon Forum.
DEADLINE: 8th February 15 February 2016
The Visegrad Animation Forum is held in cooperation with Anifilm (International Festival of Animated Films, Trebon, CZ). The Visegrad Animation Forum is organized by the ASAF (Association of Czech Animation) in collaboration with SPPA (Polish Animation Producers Association), APAF (Association of Animated Film Producers Slovakia), DSAF (Slovenian Animated Film Association) and MOME (Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design, Budapest).
It cooperates with Cartoon Forum and is organised with the support of Creative Europe – MEDIA Programme of the European Union and Visegrad Fund.