29 Animation Projects Selected for CEE Animation Forum 2020
CEE Animation Forum announces the project selection for this year´s pitching competition. It will showcase many different formats of animated projects in development (shorts, series, features and the newly introduced VR). CEE Animation Forum takes places in Liberec (Czech Republic) from May 5th to 8th, 2020. CEE Animation Forum is a co-production pitching, B2B and networking event aimed at boosting the projects´ international circulation potential, visibility and their access to a wider European market.
For its 8th edition, the organizers received submissions from 32 countries. From among these, a committee of international experts made a final selection of 29 projects to be pitched during the upcoming edition of the Forum. The majority of the selected teams come from Central and Eastern Europe: 6 from the Czech Republic, 5 from Croatia, 3 from Hungary, and 1 project from Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Ukraine. There are also 2 projects from France and 1 project from Germany, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, and Spain.
In both categories (shorts and series/TV specials), the female proportion has exceeded 50% (directors & producers). With 8 series projects by female directors, the ratio has reached a record of 80%.
Competition participants can secure a chance to find a co-production partner by presenting their project in front of more than 250 film professionals, including producers, TV programmers, festival directors, distributors, investors or representatives of national film funds.
The pitching sessions will be followed by one-to-one meetings between the project representatives and their potential partners. In addition, the three-day programme offers a number of keynotes, masterclasses, debates and screenings.
CATEGORY FEATURE FILMS IN DEVELOPMENT
- Cricket & Antoinette / Cvrčak i Mrvica, p. Dino Krpan, Diedra (Croatia) d. Luka Rukavina (Croatia)
- Fichtelberg, p. Michal Kracmer, Cineart TV Prague (Czech Republic) d. Simon Koudela (Czech Republic)
- IGI / იგი, p. Vladimer Katcharava, 20 Steps Productions (Georgia), d. Natia Nikolashvili (Georgia)
- King Wray, p. Sorin Baican, Studioset (Romania) d. Anton & Damian Groves (Great Britain / Romania)
- Once We Meet, p. Igor Zarol, Origin Tales (Serbia), d. Ivan Beres (Croatia)
- Salamanders / Mloci, p. Aurel Klimt, Studio ZVON (Czech Republic), d. Aurel Klimt
- The Black Swallow, p. Sebastien Hussenot, La Luna Productions (France), d. Louis J. Gore (France)
- Trouble Nubble Gum, p. Michael Margulis, Studio KAPI (Ukraine), d. Rostyslav Garbar (Ukraine)
Once We Meet
CATEGORY SERIES / TV SPECIALS IN DEVELOPMENT
- A Little Pilot, p. Petr Babinec, Kouzelná animace (Czech Republic) d. Eliska Chytkova (Czech Republic)
- Annie & Carola, p. Myriam Ballesteros, MB Producciones (Spain) d. Myriam Ballesteros (Spain)
- Baldies / Plešouni, p. Jiri Sadek, COFILM (Czech Republic), scriptwriter: Eliska Podzimkova (Czech Republic)
- Flying Kathy / Leteča Katka, p. Jure Vizjak, Invida (Slovenia), d. Jernej Zmitek (Slovenia)
- Frickin'Times, p. Irek Krett, xkopp creative (Germany), d. Irek Krett
- Lemon and Elderflower, p. Justyna Rucinska, Likaon sp. z o. o. (Poland), d. Ilenia Cotardo (Italy)
- Little Grey Wolfy, p. Natalia Malykhina, Ulvenfilm AS (Norway), d. Natalia Malykhina
- Lola and Betty / Život s Lolom, p. Drasko Ivezic, Adriatic Animation (Croatia), d. Hana Tintor (Croatia)
- Milkshake Bar / Pieno Baras, p. Agne Adomene, Art Shot (Lithuania), d. Urtė Oettinger (Lithuania)
- Ormhildur the Brave, p. Heather Millard, Compass Films (Iceland), d. Thorey Mjallhvit (Iceland)
CATEGORY SHORT FILMS IN DEVELOPMENT
- 27 - My Last Day at Home, p. Gabor Osvath, BODDAH (Hungary), d. Flora Anna Buda (Hungary)
- Face Recognition / Näotuvastus, p. Kalev Tamm, Eesti Joonisfilm (Estonia), d. Martinus Klemet (Estonia)
- Hoodies and Sunglasses, p. Manon Messiant, Iliade et Films (France), d. Fabian Balogh (Hungary)
- In Her Face / Pelo na Venta, p. Mario Patrocínio, BRO Cinema (Portugal), d. Margarida Madeira (Portugal)
- Just Between Us / Među nama, p. Masa Udovicic, Luma Film (Croatia), d. Petra Balekic (Croatia)
- Love, Dad / Váš táta, p. Karolina Davidova, 13ka (Czech Republic), d. Diana Cam Van Nguyen (Czech Republic, Vietnam)
- No Happily Ever After / Dozvonil zvonec p. Maria Motovska, Helium Film s.r.o. (Czech Republic) d. Gabriela Plackova (Czech Republic)
- The Garden of Heart / A szív kertje p. Balint Gelley, CUB Animation Ltd. (Hungary) d. Oliver Hegyi (Hungary)
- The Girl with the Golden Hair / Zlatovláska p. Zuzana Jankovicova, Super film (Slovakia) d. Kaoru Furuko (Japan)
- The Pet Named Stress / Ljubimac zvan Stres p. Drasko Ivezic, Adriatic Animation (Croatia) d. Laura Martinovic (Croatia)
- The Voice / La Voće p. Vessela Dantcheva, Compote Collective (Bulgaria) d. Ivan Bogdanov (Bulgaria)
Just Between Us
The selection for the VR Immersive Media category will be announced in March 2020. CEE Animation Forum takes place during the Anifilm International Festival of Animated Films (May 5 – 10, 2020, Liberec, Czech Republic). The organizers offer the possibility of purchasing the Industry pass. To benefit from early bird rates, the registration must be done before March 31st.
About CEE Animation
CEE Animation is supported by the Creative Europe – MEDIA Programme of the European Union and co-funded by state funds and foundations and professional organisations from Slovenia (DSAF, Slovene Animated Film Association), Czech Republic (ASAF, Association of Czech Animation), Hungary (HAPA, Hungarian Animation Producers Association), Poland (SPPA, Polish Animation Producers Association) and Slovakia (APAF, Slovak Association of Animated Film Producers).
SIGN UP: Want to read more free articles like this? Sign up for Our Newsletter