DOK Leipzig, 30/10-5/11/17: Call for entries
Animated films and animated documentaries of all lengths as well as interactive works can be submitted to the 60th edition of DOK Leipzig.
The festival is looking for strong artistic handwriting, intriguing points of view and works that bring their genres to the next level.
Additionally, DOK Leipzig is a qualifying festival for both, the ACADEMY AWARDS© and the European Film Awards.
Eligible films for submission are from 2016 and 2017 and have not been screened publicly before 1 October 2016. Premieres might get priority.
Here are the festival categories:
- International Competition Long Documentary and Animated Film (min 41 min)
- International Competition Short Documentary and Animated Film (max. 40 min)
- German Competition Long Documentary and Animated Film (min 41 min)
- German Competition Short Documentary and Animated Film (max 40 min)
- Next Masters Competition (min 41 min)
- International Competition Animated Documentary (all lengths)
- International Programme Documentary and Animated Films (all lengths)
- DOK Neuland (interactive works)
The submitted film may be nominated for one of the festival's six competitions and several special awards with a total prize money of up to 75,000 euros.
There is a fee of € 35.00 (incl. 7 % VAT), which can be waived for films with an educational background, and films originating from these countries.
2016 festival winners (c) DOK Leipzig
Submit online. The final entry deadline for films and for interactive works is 07/07/2017.
The 60th edition of DOK Leipzig will take place from 30 October to 5 November 2017.