Rabbitland, My mommy is in America win ReAnimania 2013 awards
- Written by ZF Team
The Yerevan festival completed its 5th edition. See all the festival winners.
The 5th edition of ReAnimania (26 Oct -1 Nov) had a distinct, European feel. The Berlin-awarded Rabbitland by Ana Nedeljkovic and Nikola Majdak and its allegorical tale of democracy won the award for best short film.
Runner-up (and a special jury mention) to the US film Fight, by Steven Subotnick.
The feature film award (out of 7 features competing) was given to the French western hommage My Mommy is America and She Met Buffalo Bill (Marc Boréal, Thibaut Chatel).
The Annecy-awarded, Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury by Luiz Bolognesi (Brazil, 2013) received a jury's special mention.
Another French victory for the short graduation, stop-motion horror film The Bungled Child (La Ravaudeuse) by Simon Filliot.
The Swiss animator Georges Schwizgebel, who also gave a lecture at the 5th ReAnimania was awarded with the Robert Sahakyants special award.
All the winners:
- Best Short Film: Rabbitland, Ana Nedeljkovic, Nikola Majdak (Serbia, 2013)
- Juries' Special Mention: Fight, Steven Subotnick (US, 2012)
- Best Armenian Short Film (after Lev Atamanov): Naira Muradyan for Ballet
- Best Feature Film: My Mommy is America and She Met Buffalo Bill, Marc BORÉAL, Thibaut CHATEL (France | Luxembourg, 2013)
- Juries' Special Mention: Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury, Luiz Bolognesi (Brazil, 2013)
- Best Graduation Film: The Bungled Child (La Ravaudeuse), Simon Filliot (France, 2012)
- Best Music Video award: Katachi (Shape), Katarzyna Kijek, Przemyslaw Adamski (Poland & Japan, 2013)
- Best Concept Award: Cheatin', Bill Plympton,(US, 2013)
- Special award of Converse bank: Zack Demirtshyan
- Best TV and Educational category winner: Anton
- Cinema Union special award: Maggot Feeder, Priit Tender
Georges Schwizgebel (Switzerland) was awarded with the Robert Sahakyants special award.
Zippy Frames was a proud, media sponsor of the event.