Discover the European animation companies nominated for this year's Cartoon Tributes at Bordeaux, France.
Find the winners (European director, producer and distributor) of the 2020 Cartoon Tributes announced at Cartoon Movie
The animation feature Fritzi: A Revolutionary Story gets the German Film Critics Award and a nomination in the upcoming CARTOON Tributes.
Belgian animation played an important role at the Cartoon Tributes 2019.
MIYU Productions, Xilam Animation and allnominees for the European industry CARTOON Tributes have been unveiled.
All the winners for the European animation tributes during CARTOON Movie 2019.
All the nominees for the European animation tributes.
https://9story.com/location/dublin/A French, an Irish and a Finnish company are the winners of 2018 Cartoon Tributes.
See all European companies and broadcasters nominated in the 2018 Cartoon Tributes.
The European pitching forum CARTOON MOVIE has announced its nominees for Best European animation director, producer and distributor of the year.
The winners for European animation from the premiere European pitching forum Cartoon.
Discover the European animation persons of the year, as decided by the professionals of the largest European pitching forum, Cartoon Movie.
Directors of "Moomins on the Riviera", "The Song of the Sea" and "Shaun the Sheep" among the nominees of the European Cartoon Movie Tributes.
The European Association of Animation Film announced the winners for Cartoon Movie Tributes 2013.
Aardman Animation's founding partner Peter Lord (UK) won the European Director of the year award at Cartoon Movie 2013 for his stop-motion adventure comedy "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" in stereoscopic 3D.
Cartoon Movie participants elected TF1 International (France) as European Distributor of the year. The company co-produced its first animation feature film in 2011, "The Rabbi's Cat", followed by "Santa's Magic Crystal" and "Aya of Yop City".
Finally, Didier Brunner's Les Armateurs (France) is the European Producer of the Year, having released two major films the same year: "Kirikou and the Men and the Women" by Michel Ocelot, and "Ernest & Celestine",César award for Best Animated Feature.
Ms Farida Boudaoud from the Rhône-Alpes Region gave a trophy to the Rhône-Alpes' Personality of the Year to highlight the local animation talent.
The winner is Benjamin Renner, former student of La Poudrière, who co-directed "Ernest & Célestine".
See all the nominees:
European Director of the Year award:
- Enzo d'Alò (Italy) - director of Pinocchio [info-trailer]
- Peter Lord (UK) - director of the Academy Award-nominated The Pirates! Band of Misfits
- Michel Ocelot (France) - director of Kirikou and the Men and Women [info-trailer]
European Distributor of the Year:
- Pro Film, distributor of independent films in Bulgaria which has recently introduced several European animation films in the country like "Ronal the Barbarian", "Niko and the Way to the Stars", "Freddy Frogface", "Moomins" and "Lotte and the Moonstone", and planning to release soon "Niko 2", "Thor 3D" and "Gladiators of Rome"
- TF1 International, first animation feature film in 2011, "The Rabbi's Cat", followed by "Santa's Magic Crystal" and "Aya of Yop City" (info)
- Universum Film, independent film distributors in Germnay and co-producer of animated films such as "Niko & Way to the Stars", "Moonman" and "Knight Rusty".
European Producer of the Year:
- Anima Vitae (Finland) production (Niko & The Way to the Stars, "Niko 2 - Little Brother, Big Trouble)
- Les Armateurs (France) production Kirikou, Belleville Rendez-Vous, Ernest & Celestine
- El Toro Pictures, Lightbox Entertainment & Ikiru Films (Spain). Production: Tad, the Lost Explorer
The 15th Cartoon Movie, regarded as one the main showcases to promote European animation, presented 56 new projects for animated films from 20 countries across Europe to over 700 sector professionals.