Discover the jury members of the Segovia fest as well.
A total of 31 international short films and 14 films from Spain (from a total of more than 700 works received) will screen at the 2016 3D Wire Market in Segovia, Spain (2-9 October 2016).
First works, awarded directors, and works in all animation techniques will compete for the jury and audience awards that would give them direct access to the pre-selection of the Goya Awards and the Cartoon D'Or, which awards the Best European Short of the festival.
In the national competition, the awarded Three Fited Flies, the debut of Elisa Morais and María Álvarez, the new work by Marc Riba and Anna Solanas, The Kid and the Hedgehog, and the surreptitious Decorado by Alberto Vazquez (presented at the 2016 Annecy festival) will be among the selection.
The international selection has short films from Europe, America, Asia and even Oceania.
Among the 31 titles, the quintessential nature-meets-nurture adventure Love by Reka Bucsi, the Altmanesque parody of human relations Piano by the Estonian Kaspar Jancis, and Waiting for the New Year by Vladimir Leschiov.
Waiting for the New Year, Vladimir Leschiov
Love, Reca Bucsi
The jury for this year's 3D Wire fest includes Luce Grosjean, executive director of the French production company Sève Films, the Italian Paolo Polesello, animation connoisseur and professional (associate producer in Signe Baumane's Rocks in my pockets).
The Spanish Rebeca Núñez, animator at the French Ankama Animation, and the American Amid Amidi, publisher & editor-in-chief of Cartoon Brew, and acclaimed animation author (The Art of Pixar, The Art of Robots among others) conclude this year's jury.
3D Wire Fest classifies for the Cartoon d'Or awards, which award the Best European short coming from a list of partner festivals. Both Spanish and Europeans works (jury and audience winners) qualify. The jury short short film winner will also enter the preselection of the Spanish Goya Awards.
Here's the full list:
- Winter Love. Isabel Herguera, 8', Drawing on Paper. Co-production with Italy
- Back Then. Diego Porral, 3', 2D
- Water Path fo a Fish. Mercedes Marro, 8', 2D. Co-production with Colombia, France
- Bloodsuckers. Emilio Gallego, Jesús Gallego, 2', 2D
- Darrel. Marc Briones, Alan Carabantes, 4', 3D Digital
- Decorado. Alberto Vázquez, 11', 2D. Co-production with France
- Down by love. José Corral, 14', 3D Digital. Co-production with Monaco
- Down to the Wire. Juan Carlos Mostaza, 13', 3D Digital
- Made in Spain. Coke Riobóo, 12', Stop motion
- The Kid and the Hedgehog. Marc Riba, Anna Solanas, 3', Stop motion
- Three Fitted Flies. María Álvarez, Elisa Morais, 8', 2D. Co-production with Lithuania
- You are not the strongest. Emilio Yebra, 1', 2D, Drawing on paper
- Pichük's Travels. Paco Cuesta, Manel Cráneo, 11', 2D
- Vivir. Cesar Díaz Meléndez, 1', Clay animation, Painting on glass
- Accidents, Blunders and Calamities. James Cunningham, 6', 3D Digital, New Zealand
- Los aeronautas. León Fernández, 11', Stop motion, Mexico
- Afternoon Class. Seoro Oh, 4', 2D, South Korea
- The Alan Dimension. Jac Clinch, 8', 2D, United Kingdom
- Bingo! Patrick Schoenmaker, 3', 2D, Netherlands
- Borrowed Time. Andrew Coats, Lou Hamou-Lhadj, 7', 3D Digital, USA
- Caminandes 3: Llamigos. Pablo Vázquez, 3', 3D Digital, Argentina, Netherlands
- Caminho do gigantes. Alois Di Leo, 12', 2D, Brasil
- A Coat Made Dark. Jack O'Shea, 10', 2D, Ireland
- Cthupid. Giovanni Braggio, 2', 2D, Italy
- Dernière porte au sud. Sacha Feiner, 15', Puppets, Belgium, France
- Dissonance. Till Nowak, 15', 3D Digital, Live action, Germany
- Escargore. Olivert Hilbert, 6', 3D Digital, New Zealand
- Estilhaços. José Miguel Ribeiro, 18', 2D, Drawing on paper, Portugal
- Gaidot Jauno Gadu. Vladimir Leschiov, 9', Drawing on paper, Latvia
- Geist. Alex Sherwood, Ben Harper, Sean Mullen, 11', 3D Digital, Ireland
- Happy End. Jan Saska, 6', 2D, 3D Digital, Drawing on paper, Czech Republic
- Hound. Georgia Kriss, 5', 2D, Australia
- Journal Animé. Donato Sansone, 5', 2D, France
- Kaleidoscope. Catherine Dubeau, 3', 2D, Canada
- Love. Reka Bucsi, 15', 2D, 3D Digital, France, Hungary
- Lucens. Marcel Barelli, 7', 2D, Drawing on paper, Switzerland
- Made in China. Vincent Tsui, 4', 2D, France
- No-Go Zone. L'Atelier Collectif, 10', Stop motion, Belgium
- None of That. Isabela Littger, Anna Paddock, Kriti Kaur, 5', 2D, 3D Digital, Brasil, USA, India
- Otto. Salvatore Murgia, Dario Imbrogno, 2', Stop motion, Italy
- Paniek! Joost Lieuwma, Daan Velsink, 6', 2D, Netherlands
- Piano. Kaspar Jancis, 11', 2D, Drawing on paper, Estonia
- Tea Time. T. Bourret, V. Delmon, F. Gris, J. Mifsud, R. Vincent, 7', 3D Digital, France
- United Interest. Tim Weimann, 9', 2D, Live action, Mixed techniques, Germany
- The Wrong end of the stick. Terri Matthews, 9', Mixed techniques, United Kingdom