Zarafa, Le Tableau, Wrinkles at the Annecy 2012: feature selection
- Written by ZF Team
10 feature films, with a strong European (and French) component were selected for the offiicial Annecy film festival programme, 4-9 June 2012.
3 French films are among the selected few in the Annecy Film Festival 2012.
Le Tableau (The Painting) by Jean-François Laguionie [review], a sumptuous story about the painter and his paintings, the Berlin-premiered Zarafa [review] about a boy and a giraffe (Rémi BEZANÇON, Jean-Christophe Li) are among the selected films. The documentary about the Korean war Approved for adoption (Couleur de peau, Laurent Boileau, Jung Henin) completes the French triplette.
The Goya-awarded film about an elderly house in Spain, Wrinkles (Arrugas la Pelicula) and Tad, the lost explorer are Spain's contenders, whereas the documentary Crulic, the Path to beyond is another entry for Europe.
2 feature films from Japan compete at Annecy, the Keiichi Sato 15th century fantasy story Asura, and the adventure Voyage vers Agartha (Makoto Shinkai).
Ronan the Barbarian from Denmark and the Korean drama The Dearest (Sun-Ah Kim, Se-hee Park) complete the list.
- Arrugas Directed by: Ignacio FERRERAS (Spain 2011)
- Asura Directed by: Keiichi SATO, Japan, 2012
- Couleur de peau : miel Diirected by: Laurent BOILEAU, Jung HENIN (France, Belgium 2012)
- Crulic – drumul spre dincolo Directed by: Anca DAMIAN (Romania, Poland 2011)
- Eun-sil-yee Directed by: Sun-Ah KIM, Se-hee PARK ( Korea, Republic of, 2011)
- Le Tableau Directed by: Jean-François LAGUIONIE (Belgium, France, 2011)
- Ronal Barbaren Directed by: Thorbjorn CHRISTOFFERSEN, Kresten VESTBJERG ANDERSEN, Philip EINSTEIN LIPSKI (Denmark, 2011)
- Tad, the Lost Explorer Directed by: Enrique GATO (Spain, 2012)
- Voyage vers Agartha Directed by: Makoto SHINKAI (Japan, 2011)
- Zarafa Directed by: Rémi BEZANÇON, Jean-Christophe LIE (France, Belgium 2011)
The Annecy Film Festival takes place from 4-9 June 2012.