Tom Mc Grath, Glen Keane, Big Hero 6 at the 2014 VIEW Conference
The leading director, writer, producer and actor Tom Mc Grath is one of the big stars of the Italian VIEW Conference 2014 (14-17 October, Turin, Italy).
Mc Grath wrote and directed the three-film Madagascar series. In 2010 Tom also directed Megamind, and is a writer and executive producer for the upcoming The Penguins of Madagascar.
Dr. Alvy Ray Smith (co-founder of Pixar), and the legendary Disney animator Glen Keane (Tarzan, Tangled) also highlight the 15th annual computer graphics conference.
It is with extreme pride and great pleasure that I announce our 2014 VIEW Conference keynote speakers, says conference director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez.
Alvy Ray Smith, Glen Keane, and Tom McGrath are highly respected gurus in the computer graphics and digital entertainment industry and we are immensely honored to host them in our beautiful city.
Other highlights are also impressive. Alessandro Jacomini from Disney Animation Studios will give a World Premiere Presentation of the much anticipated BIG HERO 6 [trailer].
The Disney tribute continues with the Italian presentation of the hand-drawn short Feast by Patrick Osborne, who will make an associated presentation at VIEW 2014.
Keynote talks include Dreamworks Animation, ILM, Sony Pictures Animation and LAIKA artists. See the complete lineup:
- Alessandro Carloni, Head of Story, How to Train your Dragon 2. Co-Director Kung Fu Panda 3 (2015), DreamWorks Animation.
- Rob Coleman, Head of Animation, The Lego Movie, Animal Logic.
- Stefen Fangmeier, VFX Supervisor, Sin City: A Dame to Kill for, Independent.
- Merzin Tavaria, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Director, Prime Focus World.
- Kyle McCulloch, VFX Supervisor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Framestore.
- Scott Farrar, VFX Supervisor, Transformers: Age of Extinction, ILM.
- Tim Harrington, Animation Supervisor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, ILM.
- David Schaub, Director of Animation, The Amazing Spider-man 2, Imageworks.
- Lucia Modesto, Ingredients of Time Travel: Art, Models, Rigs, and FX, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Dreamworks Animation.
- Marcelo Vignali, Production Designer/Art Director, Smurfs (2016), Sony Pictures Animation.
- Noelle Triaureau, Art Director, Smurfs (2016), Sony Pictures Animation.
- Parag Havaldar, R and D Lead, Blizzard Entertainment.
- Kim Baumann Larsen, The DARK Adventure - Innovating Architectural Immersive VR using Storytelling and Gameplay.
- Philip Stevju Løken, Interactive 3D Designer, The DARK Adventure - Innovating Architectural Immersive VR using Storytelling and Gameplay, Placebo Effects.
- European Premiere Presentation of Siggraph's 2014 Computer Animation Festival presented by Jerome Solomon, Director, CAF 2014.
- David Putrino, Not Impossible Labs, Weill-Cornell Medical College.
- Brenda Bakker Harger, Theatre Director, Improviser, Professor at Entertainment Technology Center, Carnegie Mellon University
- Nelson Lowry, Supervising Production Designer, Boxtrolls, Laika.
The 2014 VIEW conference will take place from October 14 to 17 in Turin (Torino), Italy, and follows the annual VIEWFest digital film festival.
Most talks are in English, with translation available to and from Italian and English.